FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   Can DFW airport please consider turn down the noise in terminals? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/1574597-can-dfw-airport-please-consider-turn-down-noise-terminals.html)

biztraveler2007 May 5, 2014 1:15 pm

Can DFW airport please consider turn down the noise in terminals?

Can the DFW airport please consider turn down the noise in the terminals ?
In terminal A today we had CNN TV blaring, Music Blaring and then an airport message yelling on top of the others ?

It's a shame to have a recently renovated terminal with horrible background noise blaring at full volume.

Since 99% of us use our mobile devices, why not consider turning off the sound from the overhead music and CNN ?

MachOne May 5, 2014 1:29 pm

I was at the infamous gate 35A at DCA and it too had music and CNN so loud, it was nearly impossible to understand the gate announcements.

MO

adambrock May 5, 2014 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by biztraveler2007 (Post 22814353)
Since 99% of us use our mobile devices, why not consider turning off the sound from the overhead music and CNN ?

I know DFW is in a contract agreement to show CNN on those TVs. My guess would be the contract prohibits them from muting the TVs.

ExpatExp May 5, 2014 9:35 pm

It does get loud. Parking announcements at the boarding gates, announcements about the time of day, security checkpoint announcements after passing through security… In comparison, I love the peace and quiet of PVG, for example.

atxtraveler May 5, 2014 11:18 pm

Turn Down for What?

--Little John

txrus May 6, 2014 7:46 am

I think D is worse-the design makes it nearly impossible to hear announcements from the GA at the gate one is standing in front of but can clearly hear, usually in Japanese, the announcements from a GA at the other end of the terminal :td:

Blumie May 6, 2014 8:20 am

I feel the same about the BOS AC, which has, I believe, three TVs in a relatively small space blaring at all times.

fotographer May 6, 2014 8:43 am

I agree, plus you can also add the taking off and landing music that they are now playing on certain AA flights... its so loud that you cant even talk on the phone, hey maybe that is why they have the music

Blumie May 6, 2014 10:21 am

Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 22818594)
I agree, plus you can also add the taking off and landing music that they are now playing on certain AA flights... its so loud that you cant even talk on the phone, hey maybe that is why they have the music

Do you suppose the members of the band Fun! know that a muzak version of their hit song Some Nights is being used by AA for this purpose?!?!

grahampros May 6, 2014 6:25 pm

We all have our pet peeves. DFW is relatively tame. I those carts. BEEP BEEP

HansGruber May 7, 2014 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by atxtraveler (Post 22817013)
Turn Down for What?

--Little John

This made me LOL.

gsupstate May 7, 2014 6:10 pm

Been in the newly renovated areas at DFW. Seems no worse than at ATL to my ear.

Microwave May 8, 2014 6:57 am

Originally Posted by biztraveler2007 (Post 22814353)
Can the DFW airport please consider turn down the noise in the terminals ?
In terminal A today we had CNN TV blaring, Music Blaring and then an airport message yelling on top of the others ?

It's a shame to have a recently renovated terminal with horrible background noise blaring at full volume.

As this topic is not directly related at all to AA or AAdvantage, I'll go ahead and move it to the Texas forum.

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator

LaserSailor May 8, 2014 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 22818456)
I feel the same about the BOS AC, which has, I believe, three TVs in a relatively small space blaring at all times.

https://cornfieldelectronics.com/tvbgone/tvbg.home.php

:D:D:D

MrMan May 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Term B the worst

Terminal B is the worst around 6am. Music blaring, + Headline News, + mind the Cart (How about mind the humans... but thats another thread).