Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

San Antonio Riverwalk - Hyatt Regency or Hilton?

San Antonio Riverwalk - Hyatt Regency or Hilton?

Old Dec 23, 13, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Which do you recommend (and why) for a relatively short stay (3 nights) on the Riverwalk for a family trip with a 4 1/2 year old? Rates are identical. Is one nicer/more kid friendly/just better than the other? Any comments or suggestions are appreciated! A review of Tripadvisor didn't reveal a whole lot of difference, so I thought I would check with the FT community for opinions.

Danski
Old Dec 25, 13, 8:21 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Hyatt winds this one

Hyatt, hands down. Newer, nicer, more comfortable rooms. Neither location is bad, Hyatt maybe slightly better. Overall, Hyatt is just a nicer property.
Old Dec 26, 13, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Oh yes.....agree on the Hyatt with a child....the big atrium should be a treat....and the bits of river that come into lobby......walking out the front door of Hyatt leads to a passageway direct to Alamo and easy access to the shopping mall.....enjoy!
Old Jan 15, 14, 2:04 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i haven't stayed at the hyatt but i assure you it's nicer than the Hilton. Most any hotel on the Riverwalk has to be nicer than the Hilton.
Old Jan 25, 14, 11:37 am

By all means stay at the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio:

http://grandsanantonio.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Feb 15, 14, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA & Delta Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Hyatt Riverwalk and Grand Hyatt are two different properties. The Grand Hyatt is right next to the Convention Center. The Hyatt Riverwalk is the one where the river runs inside and has the jazz club on the river level.

Search this Thread