Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Potential job at DFW airport, best area to live for family?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:29 am
Original Poster

I am interviewing for a job at DFW airport and I don't currently live in Texas. Where would be the best neighborhoods to consider to move for a family with a teenager in high school? Is Arlington a good choice? I'd like to have a 30-minute or shorter commute to work. I'll be buying a house, and can spend up to $800K. But given the high property tax in Texas, I'd like to keep it around $600K-$700K for a house that is 3,500 sq. ft or less, with 3 bedrooms, at least 2-1/2 baths. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Grapevine is another option. A friend of mine used to live there and they have good schools and it's close to DFW.

One thing to consider is a place that is close to the Orange line to DFW, or the light rail that goes to Fort Worth, if you can find a community close by the station, or otherwise station that you can easily drive to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.