Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - weather in early April?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
DFW - weather in early April?

Try to go to HNL, and am debating between LAX or DFW as connection. I heard that AA DFW-HNL flights are better. But is there any weather / tornado concern in April in general? Since it'll be award, will be hard to re-book last min.

Thanks.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by adamak
Try to go to HNL, and am debating between LAX or DFW as connection. I heard that AA DFW-HNL flights are better. But is there any weather / tornado concern in April in general? Since it'll be award, will be hard to re-book last min.

Thanks.
Spring on the Great Plains can be very dicey.

If you are a worry wart, fly via LAX.
I don't worry about the weather in DFW, as it is episodic and generally passes quickly.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
That is tornado/thunderstorm season....but I wouldn't plan travel around it. I'd worry about winter in ORD before I'd worry about spring in DFW. (I realize winter isn't the issue here, just saying I wouldn't plan travel around whether there might be a spring storm).

And I would choose DFW-HNL over LAX-HNL any day of the week. I've done both and that is a no brainer.
Old May 9, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
I left for a 2 week European vacation out of DFW on April 5th. The day before, we had tornados and hail. 4 days later, when my friend was supposed to meet me in Paris, his flight was delayed 6 hours.

Do with that what you will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.