Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Awful TSA delays at Houston (IAH)

Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

I moved to Houston a few months ago and have to fly out of Houston George Bush (IAH) most Monday mornings.

It seems I'm usually departing out of terminal C. I've discovered that the security lines are obnoxious at all hours of the morning. Minimum 20 minute, and generally 30+ minute, waits through extremely long lines. (And no special shorter line for platinum travelers.)

Does anyone with IAH experience have some insider knowledge they can share about a hidden entrance point or something else to make this less painful?

It's really a shame that they're so incompetent at running the security lanes, as otherwise it's a nice airport - new, big, light and clean in appearance.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:49 pm

There is a checkpoint (from terminal C lobby) up the escalator around the corner from the garage that is a shortcut to Terminal E around E1. Its primarily business travelers Monday AM and moves fairly quickly, but can provide easy access to Terminal C gates.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:27 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For further discussion, please follow as the thread moves to the Travel->Texas forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ham Medallion
I've been in Houston since August, and I agree, the United checkpoint at C is quite frustrating without status. However, Delta's (A) seems to be far less crowded.

Of course, this is only an option if you're not held captive to United.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Try the Terminal E checkpoint.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:05 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
the entire airport is connected post security even A south to north via walkway (far west) and the rest via elevated tram (not the basement tram pre-sec).

I second the garage connector checkpoint. I am just sad they started closing it by lunchtime. It used to be open most of the day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.