Wiki Posts
Search

San Antonio car rentals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
San Antonio car rentals

Anyone know which of the car rental companies are located "in terminal" or at least on the airport grounds at SAT and which are "down the road"? Have an upcoming business trip with a very early return flight (6:30 am) and would prefer not to have to spend an additional 35 minutes going from a remote rental lot.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
None of them are on the grounds, but Avis is right next to the outskirts. I would shy away from Alamo/National as it is really hard to figure out where to go to return your car. You have to navigate a few high-5's and your GPS will explode. Unless you know where you are going, there's a 0% chance on finding it the first time. I returned a car there 3 times in 2 months and still couldn't tell you where it is.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
Avis is the only one I used, but it is tricky to find too. All in all though it is pretty convenient for an off site. Way easier than DEN, PHX, or LAS for example. I have never waited too long for a shuttle, even early in the morning, and have been upgraded almost every time. Really cheap with a Costco rate code.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by zdave
Avis is the only one I used, but it is tricky to find too. All in all though it is pretty convenient for an off site. Way easier than DEN, PHX, or LAS for example. I have never waited too long for a shuttle, even early in the morning, and have been upgraded almost every time. Really cheap with a Costco rate code.
Are you sure that you're talking about SAT? The Avis lot is literally to the right of the airport entrance after the stoplight right off the highway. (I forget the street name) That's the only rental lot that you just can't miss as you have to almost pass it to enter the airport.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Anyone know which of the car rental companies are located "in terminal" or at least on the airport grounds at SAT and which are "down the road"? Have an upcoming business trip with a very early return flight (6:30 am) and would prefer not to have to spend an additional 35 minutes going from a remote rental lot.
Whenever I've had an early morning departure out of SAT (go 2-3 times a year) I drop my car off the night before and use the hotel shuttle to get me back to the airport. Cuts down on the stress.

Usually stay at one of the HH properties on 410, or the Aloft.

Otherwise I think the Avis lot is the best option for easy returns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.