Wiki Posts
Search

From DFW to Dallas downtown (Pearl St) Transportation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
From DFW to Dallas downtown (Pearl St) Transportation

Is it possible to use DART Green Line train to get to Dallas downtown (near Pearl Street)? From DART map, looks like Burbank station is near DFW. How can I get from DFW terminal to Burbank Station? Taxi?

Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:27 am

Burbank is no where near DFW. Green line is to DFW as Amtrak is to SFO.

If you want to ride rail, the best option at the moment is the TRE, although I would not recommend it unless you are on a very limited budget or you just want to take your time, as in hours.

You will be much happier if you drop public transit from consideration for DFW. Ride a shuttle or something else.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The airplane icon on the DART map by the Burbank station is for Love Field airport (via #39 bus), not for DFW airport.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both.
Scratched the train idea (always love train travel in and around cities) and on with the taxi.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:58 pm

As wcj1 mentioned, also consider shuttles. They're not too expensive (about $25 ai) and much more convenient than public transportation.

Also, depending on how long you'll be gone, I find remote parking not that expensive.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for chiming in.
I end up booking a rental car for the weekend. Don't know what the parking situation in downtown Dallas is like. Though OT, but welcome any inputs/suggestions. Thx
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks for chiming in.
I end up booking a rental car for the weekend. Don't know what the parking situation in downtown Dallas is like. Though OT, but welcome any inputs/suggestions. Thx
i found weekend rentals from EZ rentalcar to have the most favorable rates. if you rent from them a couple of times, you get "elite" status, and a decent UG.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:13 am

There are garages/surface lots and meters (coin with 2 hour limit). Some garages are very cheap, but then they are not near anything.

I want to say that meters are in effect until ~7pm on Friday (maybe it is a bit earlier). They are in effect on Saturday for sure, I think all day/same as mid-week. I think Sunday is free. The exception to this if you are near the West End, I think those are in effect later in the evening.

There is a garage map online:
http://www.downtowndallas.org/ForRes...ingAround.aspx
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Thanks for chiming in.
If you want to park cheap, head a block or two east from Pearl (away from the middle of downtown). Lots there are cheaper than west of Pearl.

And bring some singles, many lots are still stick-cash-in-the-box style.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much everyone for your inputs re car rental and parking in downtown. the web link with pdf map is great. Very useful info. Truly appreciate it!
Interesting that cash is still accepted for parking!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:42 pm

Some of the lots do take credit cards. I know of one. But half the time the machines don't work it seems. Definitely lots where you slip bills into a box of slots are more reliable.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wcj1
Some of the lots do take credit cards. I know of one. But half the time the machines don't work it seems. Definitely lots where you slip bills into a box of slots are more reliable.
Thanks again.

I am here in Dallas now. The hotel has valet parking which proves to be more convenient with in/out options. There are indeed many lots nearby. None I saw use credit card.

What is this with the 108 F heat in Dallas downtown? Downtown was all empty, no traffic and no people. Want to brave the farmers market tomorrow. Don't think I last very long in this heat!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 8:01 am

Downtown was all empty, no traffic and no people.
That's just a typical day in Dallas, nothing to do with the weather.

Ok, a bit of an overstatement, but Dallas does not have a typical downtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.