Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight Stay at IAH - ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Overnight Stay at IAH - ideas?

Alright, I'm a DL traveler and figured ya'll could help me out here. I'm doing a mileage run that has an overnight at IAH for about 6 hours. Seeing as though I'd only use a hotel for 4 hours, is there a good place on site to crash?

Any other tips?

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
All the chains are within 3 miles of IAH.

Pick your fave and line up a shuttle. OR, walk to airport Marriott on Site.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
as the PP said, the Marriott is on site but is a little over priced in my opinion. I know that when I have early flights I'll stay at the Hampton Inn, at least here you are provided with free internet and breakfast. There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and it's about 5 min away.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Continental250K
All the chains are within 3 miles of IAH.

Pick your fave and line up a shuttle. OR, walk to airport Marriott on Site.
Can you just hang around the lobby of the Marriott overnight? or ping pong between there and the airport?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Can you just hang around the lobby of the Marriott overnight? or ping pong between there and the airport?
I don't think it's a Starbucks to hang out.

Depending on the staff, you may or may not be asked to either get a room or leave.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
For 6 hours, I'd just pull out a pillow and sleep on the floor, but my Mom was smart and made me study yoga when I was a child, so I'm flexible. I see younger folk do that but not many my age. Thanks, Mom. Seriously, though, I'm blanking out on where you'd go for just 4 hours. IAH is such a big airport, I can't imagine that the cops would chase you off if you could show you had a flight leaving in 6 hours...I don't really bring a pillow, I have a pillow case in my pocket and put my clothes or coat in it to make a pillow.

I also need to do a mileage run on Delta from MSY, would you mind PMing your run? Thanks!

Originally Posted by lsugolfer
Alright, I'm a DL traveler and figured ya'll could help me out here. I'm doing a mileage run that has an overnight at IAH for about 6 hours. Seeing as though I'd only use a hotel for 4 hours, is there a good place on site to crash?

Any other tips?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
This is the site you are looking for I think

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

Originally Posted by lsugolfer

Any other tips?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
I have seen benches without armrests by the Terms D/E stop for the basement Disney train. However, if I had to bunkdown at the airport, I'd feel more secure sleeping airside rather than landside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.