Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

DFW 30 mins long enough for flight change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles

Just checked on my June PHX-DFW-SDF flight and see a schedule change. I now only have 30 mins to change planes at DFW. Is this doable?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by gnggng
Just checked on my June PHX-DFW-SDF flight and see a schedule change. I now only have 30 mins to change planes at DFW. Is this doable?
I'd be uncomfortable with it.....

Much depends on AA's equipment DFW/SDF, with some flights showing as RJs, all out of terminal B, while your PHX flight will arrive in A, C, or D. Terminal changes are easy and relatively quick, but 30 minutes is cutting it awfully fine, when you consider the trend to early closing the doors.

Check the same flights today for gates....(and hope).....
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I don't think that's a legal connection at DFW, I though it was 35 or 40 minutes. Since you might have to change terminals, there's a good chance you won't make it.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 6:31 am
Original Poster

I tried checking gates for same flights today, but they were non existent. Flying on MD80's for both flights. Is there a change fee if I try for a flight change with a longer layover?

Originally Posted by TMOliver
I'd be uncomfortable with it.....

Much depends on AA's equipment DFW/SDF, with some flights showing as RJs, all out of terminal B, while your PHX flight will arrive in A, C, or D. Terminal changes are easy and relatively quick, but 30 minutes is cutting it awfully fine, when you consider the trend to early closing the doors.

Check the same flights today for gates....(and hope).....
Old Apr 2, 2010, 6:43 am

did you book this or was this due to a schedule change? i'd say 30 minutes is a no-go. it effectively gives you 20 minutes to get to your gate and that's if you get off the aircraft on time. i can't tell you how many times i've sat at DFW on the tarmac.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 7:47 am
Original Poster

This was a flight change. My original flight gave me over an hour layover.

Originally Posted by LittleK
did you book this or was this due to a schedule change? i'd say 30 minutes is a no-go. it effectively gives you 20 minutes to get to your gate and that's if you get off the aircraft on time. i can't tell you how many times i've sat at DFW on the tarmac.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback on this. I called AA and they changed my flight to a later one with a longer layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.