Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Houston IAH Info needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Houston IAH Info needed

I have a friend flying from MGA to IAH in Feb. Haven't seen him in 17 years and would like to meet up during his 4 hour layover in Houston. Does anyone out there know how far into the airport a non-traveler can get, before having a TSA Checkpoint where flight pass is required? He is wanting to meet at IAH at a resturant. His flight will be coming in thru Terminal E for International Flights. Are the resturants before the flight check points? Please someone help. I don't want to miss this opportunity to see him. He was my Elementary school bestfriend!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
MOD please move to Continental Forum

If a moderator would move this to the Continental Airlines forum, you are more likely to get the information you need.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:00 pm

You aren't going to get very far at all into the terminal, and certainly not where you can meet him. I don't see why he couldn't leave and then come back in though while passing through security. If his final departure is in the US, he'll be clearing customs here anyway.

There isn't much for restaurants directly around IAH, but I would feel totally comfortable picking someone up from the airport, driving to Pappasitos in Humble at 59 @ 1960 and getting them back in plenty of time. That's probably the only restaurant anywhere near there I would take somebody to.

When is the flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.