FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Becoming "established member" / remove the 5 Private Message per 24 hrs limit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/947867-becoming-established-member-remove-5-private-message-per-24-hrs-limit.html)

Mr. Bean Apr 27, 2009 12:02 am

Becoming "established member" / remove the 5 Private Message per 24 hrs limit?

I'm locked out of sending more PMs today. Is there a post threshold one must reach to become established or is it a matter of time?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

tom911 Apr 27, 2009 10:30 am

It's the right place. I didn't know we had PM caps on someone who has been a member for just 2 days. Hopefully someone will be along with the answer.

Mikel at Webflyer Apr 27, 2009 4:31 pm

New members have a PM cap limit until they reach a post threshold. We don't really advertise the specific post threshold, as it can change and is in place primarily to prevent spammers from abusing the PM system, so don't want to make it easy to circumvent, but it is generally pretty minimal.

Mr. Bean Apr 28, 2009 12:35 am

ah ok, thanks - it's not a big problem but wondered what was going on

stan1162 Jun 1, 2009 8:14 am

Too many PM's in on day?

You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error.

I looked to see what the limit was, couldnt find it....Lets say its 5, is that 5 from 12-12, or from when the first was posted in any 24 hour period?

When does this number increase? After so many posts, or over time?

Thank you.

FlyingOnceMore Jun 1, 2009 8:32 am

Same question from a month ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ed-member.html

davea2 Aug 9, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm having the same problem and am unable to send even one PM today.

davea2 Aug 9, 2009 10:27 pm

Whom should I email to get this problem resolved?

davea2 Aug 10, 2009 10:51 am

I've received an email response from an administrator so help is no longer needed.

countingpea Aug 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I am having the same issue - and clearly cannot even reach out to an administrator for assistance. Would appreciate insight into how to avoid this.

Thanks!

Accurate Aug 11, 2009 9:29 am

Regrettably - the same has happened to me! My conversation has been severely truncated :(

Randy Petersen Aug 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Certainly sorry if there is any inconvenience. As you may be unaware, FlyerTalk is under siege daily from spammers (a very unfortunate side effect of the Internet) as as such we have in place several different plans to limit their ability to immediately sign up an account and start to spam -- send unsolicited PM or email -- to our members, which many try to do. It is likely you were unknowingly caught up in one of those situations, though they would not impede on your ability to post normally on FlyerTalk.

If you like, even if you have problems accessing PM (private messaging) you can use the "Contact Us" form in the "Help" menu at the top of the page. That will get directly to us.

Hope this helps.

Randy

Originally Posted by Accurate (Post 12208386)
Regrettably - the same has happened to me! My conversation has been severely truncated :(

Originally Posted by countingpea (Post 12205806)
I am having the same issue - and clearly cannot even reach out to an administrator for assistance. Would appreciate insight into how to avoid this.
Thanks!

Accurate Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Thanks Randy

Message sent via "Contact Us"

Beavertails Jan 19, 2012 10:09 am

I know this may be bumping a rather old thread, but I wanted to say I was thankful for the search features on the forum because I had the same question a few minutes ago, and voila! My answer.

kipper Jan 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Beavertails (Post 17844917)
I know this may be bumping a rather old thread, but I wanted to say I was thankful for the search features on the forum because I had the same question a few minutes ago, and voila! My answer.

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Glad you were able to find the answer to your question. I hope you enjoy FlyerTalk and participate regularly.