FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Pop Up Ad on Home Page for signed-in premium members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/754479-pop-up-ad-home-page-signed-premium-members.html)

GoingAway Nov 7, 2007 6:45 am

Pop Up Ad on Home Page for signed-in premium members

I thought this was taken care of but the issue is there again - When going to www.flyertalk.com, I'm getting pop up advertisements - please squash these!

thanks.

abk Nov 7, 2007 10:39 am

not only premium members. the only pop up i get on eithe computer that i use is from flyer talk and it is //a.tribalfustion.com. please make it go away

wharvey Nov 7, 2007 12:20 pm

HHHmmm... I am not seeing it at all... are you logged in at the time?

I am... so not seeing any popups at all.

GoingAway Nov 7, 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey (Post 8692011)
HHHmmm... I am not seeing it at all... are you logged in at the time?

I am... so not seeing any popups at all.

Yup - it's not entirely consistent but honestly, ONCE is too much with this crap ... sorry

FlyinHawaiian Nov 7, 2007 1:26 pm

I've brought this to the attention of InternetBrands (IB).

Thanks for reporting this.

JohnMcG Nov 7, 2007 2:34 pm

I'm not able to duplicate it, but I'll have the team look into it. If someone can email me a screen capture with it, that will be helpful in tracking this down. john dot mcganty at internetbrands dot com

GoingAway Nov 7, 2007 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by JohnMcG (Post 8692869)
I'm not able to duplicate it, but I'll have the team look into it. If someone can email me a screen capture with it, that will be helpful in tracking this down. john dot mcganty at internetbrands dot com

you want a print of the pop up advertisement? :confused:

FlyinHawaiian Nov 7, 2007 4:00 pm

Not speaking for IB, but I'm thinking seeing the ad and header of the window might help track down which agency is pushing the content and will help in debugging. My understanding is that IB uses a few vendors for serving ads to FT.

JohnMcG Nov 8, 2007 11:18 am

We tracked it down and stopped it. One of the ad networks, Tribal Fusion, ran this despite our having told them not to run any pop-ups which appear above the FlyerTalk page. We've been clear with them that we don't want to have any such units running, and I expect they will ensure this isn't a problem going forward. Thanks for alerting us to this.

-- John

UALOneKPlus Nov 8, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks John.

GoingAway Nov 8, 2007 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by JohnMcG (Post 8697649)
We tracked it down and stopped it. One of the ad networks, Tribal Fusion, ran this despite our having told them not to run any pop-ups which appear above the FlyerTalk page. We've been clear with them that we don't want to have any such units running, and I expect they will ensure this isn't a problem going forward. Thanks for alerting us to this.

-- John

Thanks for the follow up!

GoingAway Nov 8, 2007 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway (Post 8699703)
Thanks for the follow up!

Okay, not so quick - I sent JohnMcG an email as the darn pop-up just appeared again when I came back to FT. :td:

mattm199 Nov 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Could I also add that the sidebar advertisement for "IMVU" messenging is quite unwelcome, as it draws significant attention if browsing Flyertalk in the office environment. A cartoon image of a female saying "meet new friends" gives the wrong impression of what members might be browsing!
I understand the economics of advertising, but could we please keep it "subtle"?

KevinSours Nov 15, 2007 12:30 pm

The home page ad slot should now be correctly screened for premium members. If this problem continues, please PM or email me through the board.
Kevin

GoingAway Nov 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by KevinSours (Post 8735974)
The home page ad slot should now be correctly screened for premium members. If this problem continues, please PM or email me through the board.
Kevin

Not sure who you are or if you represent IB, etc but if this is true ... THANKS!!