Wiki Posts
Search

Search: Displaying more than 500 results

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Search: Displaying more than 500 results

Is there anyway for Search to yield more than 20 Pages of 25 results? Is that a default setting that can be changed somehow?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I don't know how to get search to display more than 500 results, but one thing I like to do is view all 500 on 3 pages... when the search results page comes up, I add "&pp=200" to the URL and reload the page. Then I open pages two and three in new windows. That way I don't risk search timing out, say, when I'm checking out new posts sinc emy last login. (Sometimes I get pulled away for a time while I'm in the midst of this.)
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:16 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by chexfan
Is there anyway for Search to yield more than 20 Pages of 25 results? Is that a default setting that can be changed somehow?
This is a limit set on the server, one thing you can do is to use a more limiting search term and or search conditions to narrow down your results. This will not give you more than 500 results, but will reduce the number of results (possibly below 500).

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff
I don't know how to get search to display more than 500 results, but one thing I like to do is view all 500 on 3 pages... when the search results page comes up, I add "&pp=200" to the URL and reload the page...
Thanks for that hint in suggestion gleff. I'll definitely use that in the future.^ But that's not solving the problem I want.

Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
This is a limit set on the server, one thing you can do is to use a more limiting search term and or search conditions to narrow down your results. This will not give you more than 500 results, but will reduce the number of results (possibly below 500).
But, but, but... what if I want MORE than 500?

OK thanks Tim, I now understand this as a true technical issue/setting decided by the HOM. No worries.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I know what you mean, Chex.

On occasion (such as during current debates over OMNI post counts) I've wondered "how many posts have I made in OMNI?" I'd love to be able to search gleff and OMNI and get a full listing (I've probably ~ 600 times there over the past 6 years so I don't get the full list with a 500 limit).

Lo siento...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On occasion (such as during current debates over OMNI post counts) I've wondered "how many posts have I made in OMNI?" I'd love to be able to search gleff and OMNI and get a full listing (I've probably ~ 600 times there over the past 6 years so I don't get the full list with a 500 limit).
Bingo! Although there could be a small possible work around.

Tim (& Team), currently you can search on "Posts From:"
Any Date
A Week
2 Weeks
A Month
3 Months
6 Months
A Year Ago

Is it even possible to add options for 2 Years, 3 Years, etc., or ideally, a Specific Date?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:47 pm
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by chexfan
Is it even possible to add options for 2 Years, 3 Years, etc., or ideally, a Specific Date?
It is possible to add new options, I have added a few new ones. I don't currently know of a way to to do specific dates. Thanks for the suggestion,

Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
It is possible to add new options, I have added a few new ones. I don't currently know of a way to to do specific dates. Thanks for the suggestion,
Very nice. That helps! Thanks. ^

There's a slight overlap, but how's this?
4/9/05 to today: 413
2/17/04 - 4/9/05: 500
8/29/03 - 4/8/04: 500
8/25/01 - 4/8/03: 373
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Chex, don't know why I hadn't ever considered breaking it up by date!
Old Apr 20, 2007, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed that I hit the 'new posts' button and received 591 results... Thanks, Tim! ^
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nevermind. I see the link now in one of the header bars. I'm not sure, personally, how I will use this new functionality.

Thanks for offering though! ^

Last edited by chexfan; Apr 20, 2007 at 10:10 am
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:28 pm

Just noticed that I hit the 'new posts' button and received 591 results... Thanks, Tim! ^
How did you do that? When I search new posts I only get a max of 500...?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back down to 500 as my max

Guess it was just a momentarily glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.