Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Found something that is not quite right since the downtime? Please report here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found something that is not quite right since the downtime? Please report here.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat

I like to scan New Posts - it only seems to go back about 150-60 posts since the maintenance. It used to go to 15 or 20 pages. I have my posts set at 40 per page.

Jim
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:51 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by jimquan

I like to scan New Posts - it only seems to go back about 150-60 posts since the maintenance. It used to go to 15 or 20 pages. I have my posts set at 40 per page.

Jim
From what I am seeing it does go back 500 posts still.

Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
Sounds like you are might have something cached that is causing a problem for you, try clearing your cache, quitting your browser restarting it and then coming back the site.
Re: Pull down menus:

Was my filtering proxy. I didn't like something about the menu html (maybe the text 'popup'?), but I made a manual exception and it is fine now.

Thanks Tim.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Red face Multiple Quote Vs "Quote in Quote" Quote Features

For this functionality you click on all of the posts you want to quote in a thread (the button should change to a red color when you click it) and then click on of the reply buttons. You should then see several quotes in the text area.

There is more talk on this subject in the following thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=310493&page=7
First, thank the tech team for the hard work, espcially bring FT back in much less than 48 hours! ^

I was about to post my question about this new feature then I read the posts from Tim and Canarsie. Both posts make it clear what the new feature is about and how to use it. This feature is definitely a wonderful add-on. However, I was expected something different.

Originally, I thought the new feature was a "quote in quote" quoting function, i.e. to double quote in one post. Not sure I made it clear. Here's the example. For this funny thread, I was trying to reply to twenex's post last night, hoping to include BJ's reply in my post (hence the ''quote-in-quote quote" by using the new feature for the 1st time. Of course, now I realize it didn't work as I had expected since it's not supposed to work like that.

So this changes my line of inquiry. Is there a way to do the quote-in-quote quoting in our post? I mean before the update, when we hit reply, we would only be able to quote the very response from the very poster that we were responding to. The 1st quoted response woould be completely excluded (i.e. BJ's reply in above example).

Hope I haven't lose anyone by far. Sorry if I make it sound too complicated when there's probably a very simple solution to perform "quote-in-quote" quote (Do we call it "double quote" or what? ).
Old Dec 6, 2006, 9:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Do you mean something like this, lin821?
Originally Posted by lin821
For this functionality you click on all of the posts you want to quote in a thread (the button should change to a red color when you click it) and then click on of the reply buttons. You should then see several quotes in the text area.

There is more talk on this subject in the following thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=310493&page=7
Is there a way to do the quote-in-quote quoting in our post? I mean before the update, when we hit reply, we would only be able to quote the very response from the very poster that we were responding to. The 1st quoted response woould be completely excluded (i.e. BJ's reply in above example).
If so, there is no way to do this automatically of which I am aware in the vBulletin bulletin board software, but one has always had the ability to do this manually.

For details, please click on the Quote button as if you were going to respond to what I have posted here, and you will see the formatting for yourself. It is rather easy to do.

Here are three more variations:
Is there a way to do the quote-in-quote quoting in our post?

I mean before the update, when we hit reply, we would only be able to quote the very response from the very poster that we were responding to. The 1st quoted response woould be completely excluded (i.e. BJ's reply in above example).
...and...
Is there a way to do the quote-in-quote quoting in our post? I mean before the update, when we hit reply, we would only be able to quote the very response from the very poster that we were responding to. The 1st quoted response woould be completely excluded (i.e. BJ's reply in above example).

...and...
Is there a way to do the quote-in-quote quoting in our post?
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I mean before the update, when we hit reply, we would only be able to quote the very response from the very poster that we were responding to. The 1st quoted response woould be completely excluded (i.e. BJ's reply in above example).
Old Dec 6, 2006, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
So - last 2 days can't log onto chat (that might be a good thing by the way; get work done LOL). But I type in handle/password, it lights up connect & then goes dead in the water. Everything else works on FT except for that & it's just last night & this, so don't really think it's due to the new enhanced FT? BTW - I'm not a power user like everyone else, but I've noticed some nice small enhancements w/ the latest version that make FT quite nice. Cheers.

PS - It's not just me!!!!! Some FTers and I are on each other's AIM list & I IM'd a couple of them & said I was dead in the water for last 2 days & they said the same thing was happening to them (did happen to them). BTW - after doing the handle/password it says connect but at lower part of screen says Done.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Canarsie
YES! Thank you so much, Canarsie! You can really read my mind! Over the years, I've learned ways to utilize our FT features from your helpful tips (otherwise I wouldn't have known how). ^ Many thanks again!
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I am unable to access Omni
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:35 pm

Had the PM 'freeze' situation happen again. Just got a PM, read the message, closed the box & clicked to go to another forum - and freeze. Had to reboot my computer.

PS - I can access Omni.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:44 am
Tim at WebFlyer

You should be able to log into chat now. Thanks,

--Tim

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
So - last 2 days can't log onto chat (that might be a good thing by the way; get work done LOL). But I type in handle/password, it lights up connect & then goes dead in the water. Everything else works on FT except for that & it's just last night & this, so don't really think it's due to the new enhanced FT? BTW - I'm not a power user like everyone else, but I've noticed some nice small enhancements w/ the latest version that make FT quite nice. Cheers.

PS - It's not just me!!!!! Some FTers and I are on each other's AIM list & I IM'd a couple of them & said I was dead in the water for last 2 days & they said the same thing was happening to them (did happen to them). BTW - after doing the handle/password it says connect but at lower part of screen says Done.

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:16 pm

Thanks - I'm off to LHR to secure my 1K status, so will check it out when I return. Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by empedocles
An observation:

Having never actually used the link button (I just type the code in and paste the URL), I just started playing with the button. The section between the tags is highlighted when the link appears in the text boxes, so you just need to start typing to change the text. In other words, in this:

[ URL="http://www.flyertalk.com"]http:// www. flyertalk. com[/URL ]

The part in green was highlighted, so all I needed to do was start typing to change it. Is that not similar to the "old functionality" you are referring to, just not happening in a separate box?

(I needed to add spaces to get the software to not automatically link it...)
Clickhere
Old Dec 7, 2006, 6:23 pm

Sorry about that. I was following the directions and hit submit post instead of preview post. Well, in any case, I got it. Good thing I only used cnn.com as the link.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Quick reply sometimes hangs.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am seeing periodic huge delays for a page to load (I am using Firefox). It doesn't seem to matter which forum I am in or what time of day it is.

A minority of these delays are due to long, long waits for tribalfusion to respond, which I guess is the price I pay for accessing FT for free. But the majority clearly are delays in FT itself. Sometimes the delay lasts for minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.