FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Signature not working (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/491535-signature-not-working.html)

BA or bust Nov 9, 2005 9:35 am

Signature not working

I have looked at the threads and find that signatures were to be disabled till 1st Nov. I find that mine is working intermittently. How can I make it work properly? Sorry if this is obvious or covered somewhere else, but I can't find out how to fix this problem.

Cholula Nov 9, 2005 9:45 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
I have looked at the threads and find that signatures were to be disabled till 1st Nov. I find that mine is working intermittently. How can I make it work properly? Sorry if this is obvious or covered somewhere else, but I can't find out how to fix this problem.

The signatures were turned off for the election, turned back on briefly and then turned off once again for the election run-offs.
The run-offs are now complete so I'd expect the signature function to return sometime today or tomorrow.

BA or bust Nov 9, 2005 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
The signatures were turned off for the election, turned back on briefly and then turned off once again for the election run-offs.
The run-offs are now complete so I'd expect the signature function to return sometime today or tomorrow.

Thanks Cholula :)

BA or bust Nov 9, 2005 3:18 pm

It's working! ^

TEX277 Nov 6, 2006 11:12 am

I have just tried to add a signature for the first time and nothing shows in my posts.

I went to MyFlyerTalk, edit signature and then added my signature. The message does display however on my public page :confused:

What am I doing wrong?

AJLondon Nov 6, 2006 11:38 am

TEX, your signature is certainly showing in the above post!

Tim at WebFlyer Nov 6, 2006 11:39 am

Originally Posted by TEX277
I have just tried to add a signature for the first time and nothing shows in my posts.

I went to MyFlyerTalk, edit signature and then added my signature. The message does display however on my public page :confused:

What am I doing wrong?

Looks like your sig is showing in this post. If you didn't have a sig set before I think old posts would not have been set to show your sig, so they will not show them, but any future posts now will show it.

TEX277 Nov 6, 2006 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
Looks like your sig is showing in this post. If you didn't have a sig set before I think old posts would not have been set to show your sig, so they will not show them, but any future posts now will show it.

Thanks for the explanation!

Kiwi Flyer Nov 6, 2006 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer

That is what I observed when I added a signature earlier this year.

jlisi984 Dec 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Sorry to bring up this older thread, but I cannot figure out how to put my signature on. No link is there on MyFlyerTalk... Or maybe my eyes are failing me? Thanks.

controller1 Dec 26, 2009 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984 (Post 13044326)
Sorry to bring up this older thread, but I cannot figure out how to put my signature on. No link is there on MyFlyerTalk... Or maybe my eyes are failing me? Thanks.

In all likelihood, the link was not there because at the time you posted this message you did not have the required number of posts (90) to allow a signature. With the 101 you have now, you should see the link for your signature on MyFlyerTalk. Try it now.

wharvey Dec 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Not entirely true... yes, you must have 90 posts... BUT you must also have 90 days of membership on Flyertalk. So, it will be awhile before the signature will appear for this member.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q79

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 13057332)
In all likelihood, the link was not there because at the time you posted this message you did not have the required number of posts (90) to allow a signature. With the 101 you have now, you should see the link for your signature on MyFlyerTalk. Try it now.

jlisi984 Dec 26, 2009 3:13 pm

I see... Thank you very much!

Free Travel Dec 27, 2009 5:23 pm

tying to figure it out for like a week,thank you.

UA_Eagle Dec 29, 2009 11:57 am

Just curious, but why are you guys putting in a signature from third-party in my signature if I don't have a signature there? I've had to put in a string just to prevent it from happening...