FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Flyertalk Signature Help (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/490430-flyertalk-signature-help.html)

Japhydog Nov 6, 2005 2:47 pm

Flyertalk Signature Help

I'm trying to add a signature to my FT posts to pimp my upcoming run for Sheriff of Arlington County, VA. I searched and found Canarsie's instructions, but there's no Edit Signature place coming up on My Flertalk for me. Anyone have any advice?

SPN Lifer Nov 6, 2005 3:12 pm

There is a temporary moratorium on signatures during the pendency of the TalkBoard run-off.

FlyinHawaiian Nov 6, 2005 3:12 pm

Try it after the 9th of this month.

Originally Posted by flyertalk
**On a side note - we have disabled signatures during the voting period in an effort to prevent further campaigning. This is only a temporary disabling of this benefit and signatures will be turned on once again on Nov. 9.**

Japhydog Nov 6, 2005 3:20 pm

Thanks!

Catweazle Nov 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Same problem for me, so I assume it will be all back to normal and I can add a siganture after the voting/FT elections?

Cholula Nov 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Moving this thread over to Technical Issues.

Thanks to those who have weighed-in thus far.

Cholula
OMNI Co-Moderator

Jenbel Nov 22, 2010 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Catweazle (Post 15233401)
Same problem for me, so I assume it will be all back to normal and I can add a siganture after the voting/FT elections?

I think there is a time restriction - 90 days - before you can have a signature, so you may not be quite there yet.

lin821 Nov 22, 2010 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 15236521)
I think there is a time restriction - 90 days - before you can have a signature, so you may not be quite there yet.

Jenbel is correct, as always.

As a matter of fact, this thread was an old OMNI thread that didn't reflect the new signature policy. The following is the most current thread:

unable to create signature

Catweazle Nov 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 15236521)

Well that's alright then, at least I know my computer isn't doing something silly again!

Rayn L Nov 23, 2010 11:40 pm

still no place to edit the signature.

still no place to edit the signature. Who can tell me why? Thanks.

Mwenenzi Nov 24, 2010 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Rayn L (Post 15264139)
still no place to edit the signature. Who can tell me why? Thanks.

Read all the posts above :-:

evanderm Jun 3, 2011 2:24 pm

I have created a signature and it is not being displayed. There are two non-flyertalk links in it, does that mean it's subject to Moderation and I'll have to wait a while until it shows up?

Edit: It's showing on this post, and I'd assume new posts after this, but not yet on my old posts (to me at least). Is this normal?

SkyVillager Jun 3, 2011 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by evanderm (Post 16498872)
Edit: It's showing on this post, and I'd assume new posts after this, but not yet on my old posts (to me at least). Is this normal?

Yes.

When you write a reply to thread, look under list of Post Icons for:

- Additional Options
-- Miscellaneous Options
--- Show your signature? <check mark for yes>

You now have an option to display or not your signature with each of your posts.

In the past, the default option of "do not display" was applied automatically, because you did not have a signature to utilize.

SanDiego1K Jun 3, 2011 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by evanderm (Post 16498872)

I checked posts of yours back to 2009 and see your signature. It looks as though it is just as you'd like now.

evanderm Jun 3, 2011 3:22 pm

Thank you!