FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   The Coupon Connection and related issues (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/481063-coupon-connection-related-issues-master-thread.html)

JDiver Nov 25, 2013 3:51 pm

The Coupon Connection and related issues (master thread)

1 Attachment(s)
When first attempting to access The Coupon Connection, you will have to have 180 days on FlyerTalk and 180 constructive posts; you must also agree to the terms and conditions by responding to this pop up to gain access.

drzoidberg Apr 15, 2014 10:38 pm

The Coupon Connection and related issues (master thread)

I used to have access to TCC, but just checked today and am unable to do so. Suggestions please? Thanks!

tom911 Apr 15, 2014 10:41 pm

The forum is temporarily CLOSED and has been taken off-line. That happened earlier today. There is no ETA for when the forum will reopen.

Posted by the Community Director:

Coupon Connection will be going offline
After serious discussions between the Coupon Connection moderators and me about the issues that have come to the forefront in the past 24 hours, the decision has been taken to take the Coupon Connection Forum offline for the time being. I anticipate that this will happen yet today.

The moderators will be doing some forum cleanup and developing new guidelines before we re-open the forum.

At this time, we cannot predict when the forum will be reopened.

drzoidberg Apr 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 22711716)
The forum is temporarily CLOSED and has been taken off-line. That happened earlier today. There is no ETA for when the forum will reopen.

Posted by the Community Director:

Oh ok, thanks! Missed that notice.

gya007 Apr 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Can anyone please share the nature of the issues that 'have come to forefront in the past 24 hours'?

tom911 Apr 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Read the last page or two of this thread:
Account audit / fraud issues - Busted selling miles / SWU / VIP, etc (consolidated)

This blog also covers it:
Wanna trade for an American Airlines eVIP?

Jaimito Cartero Apr 16, 2014 12:50 am

I did see a May 15th reopening date mentioned earlier.

tom911 Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am

I think that related to the posting of a site-wide announcement and the default for posting that message was 30 days. Don't think it related to how long the forum would actually be closed. wharvey had posted something about it on the now-deleted Talk Board thread.

Spiff Apr 16, 2014 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 22712056)
I did see a May 15th reopening date mentioned earlier.

Not necessarily accurate. That's just the announcement date termination. Right now, the re-opening date is TBD.

FTR 787 Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

I always thought the criteria was 90 posts, guess it's since been updated and increased... but looks like the forum has been closed again atleast temp... I've yet to experience the magical world that lies beyond lol but one day!

tom911 Apr 17, 2014 7:26 pm

The 180 days/180 posts was changed in 2011.
Motion Passed: Change Coupon Connection Access Requirements

stupidzbu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 pm

edit: nevermind, just read the blog post about it going down

tom911 Apr 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Read post #487 a few above yours.

Exleftseat Apr 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 22722632)
edit: nevermind, just read the blog post about it going down

I just wanted to get on, find out it's down but have no idea why. Can you please point me to the blog post?
Nevermind here as well. Just curious what happened.

ASUDan130 Apr 25, 2014 9:35 am

Not sure why I do not have access. I have traded before on Coupon Connection and have well over 90 posts. Can someone please help?

Thanks