FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Post Counts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/461337-post-counts.html)

myefre Aug 10, 2005 12:53 pm

Post Counts

A year ago or so, there was a glitz that caused my post count, and some others as well, to be cut way down. Is there anyway to get my post count accurate again? I am just curious how much time I have wasted away here. :D

Randy Petersen Aug 10, 2005 2:22 pm

We sell upgraded post counts for .25 cents per post. Please let me know how many posts you are interested in buying..... Sorry, just having a light moment here.

Actually it might not have been a glitz but a time when we did not count posts in OMNI toward a members post count and that caused some members to have a renew total being listed.

If you'll contact me on the PM side of things with some thoughts on this, i can certainly discuss with you. Now, if you respond by Aug. 15, for every 5 posts you purchase toward your post total, we'll thrown in one free. Buy five posts toward your count and you'll see six show up under your name. Again, just joking - can you tell i just finished another deadline?

Thanks for the question.

gleff Aug 10, 2005 5:31 pm

What kind of amenity will you throw in if we pay with a Centurion card?

sg7z Aug 11, 2005 6:34 am

Frozen Post Count

Yesterday, I tried to contact FT via the contact us email and have yet to receive a response so I will state the problem here. My post count seems to have been frozen for some time. Any help? Pehaps my posts are the ones being sold or worse, given as free bees :)

sg7z Aug 11, 2005 6:34 am

Go figure this out

I just noticed that the post count changed. That was quick :)

myefre Aug 12, 2005 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
We sell upgraded post counts for .25 cents per post. Please let me know how many posts you are interested in buying..... Sorry, just having a light moment here.

Actually it might not have been a glitz but a time when we did not count posts in OMNI toward a members post count and that caused some members to have a renew total being listed.

If you'll contact me on the PM side of things with some thoughts on this, i can certainly discuss with you. Now, if you respond by Aug. 15, for every 5 posts you purchase toward your post total, we'll thrown in one free. Buy five posts toward your count and you'll see six show up under your name. Again, just joking - can you tell i just finished another deadline?

Thanks for the question.

Is there any kind of volume discount? :)

Randy Petersen Aug 12, 2005 1:05 pm

yea, when it comes to money we're pretty fast. BTW, we take PayPal..... just joking folks.

Originally Posted by sg7z

Alysia Aug 12, 2005 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
We sell upgraded post counts for .25 cents per post. Please let me know how many posts you are interested in buying.....

.25 cents is pretty cheap! For only $25 (@ 4 post counts for 1 cent), one could buy 10,000 post counts & turn into an Evangelist! (Did you mean to say 25 cents instead of .25 cents?)

Canarsie Aug 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Literally minutes before I discovered this thread, I wrote about milepost padding in this milepost...

Originally Posted by myefre
A year ago or so, there was a glitz that caused my post count, and some others as well, to be cut way down. Is there anyway to get my post count accurate again? I am just curious how much time I have wasted away here. :D

myefre, you probably picked up a plethora of mileposts in the past in the Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game thread.

As the one who launched that thread, in my opinion, I personally prefer that mileposts in that thread — or in the OMNI forum, for that matter — did not contribute towards one’s milepost count...

ozstamps Aug 15, 2005 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie

myefre, you probably picked up a plethora of mileposts in the past in the Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game thread.

No kidding. ;) A plethora of 6407 it looks like:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/misc.php?...hreadid=309875

:)

myefre Aug 15, 2005 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
No kidding. ;) A plethora of 6407 it looks like:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/misc.php?...hreadid=309875

:)

But I only show just over 3400. ;)

BTW, what would a discussion of post counts be without OZSTAMPS ^

CameraGuy Aug 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Post count envy!

birdstrike Aug 15, 2005 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Alysia
.25 cents is pretty cheap! For only $25 (@ 4 post counts for 1 cent), one could buy 10,000 post counts & turn into an Evangelist!

Where can I send $200 for 80,000 posts? I will put a check in the mail this week. Seriously :)

That will put 85,000 within easy reach.

cactuspete Aug 18, 2005 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sg7z

I also noticed that my post count has been "stuck". I honestly don't typically notice, but something caught my eye the other day so I have been monitoring it now. But then when I posted here, voila, post count increased by one. :confused:

qasr Aug 25, 2005 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
I also noticed that my post count has been "stuck". I honestly don't typically notice, but something caught my eye the other day so I have been monitoring it now. But then when I posted here, voila, post count increased by one. :confused:

Because you always post in OMNI? (They don't count ya know)