Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge delays due to tribalfusion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JRF
My IT group asked me to stop visiting FT, as for some reason tribalfusion.com is setting off their monitoring alarms. They also said that looking back in the logs this domain seems to be the problem with my norton hanging.
You should try using admuncher (www.admuncher.com) as it will completely prevent your browser from even attempting to download anything from troublefusion.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 7:45 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
I just asked at the IT group (using my non office computer at the moment) and they said adding non approved software is not an option. They have now blocked the FT domain on the company router. It is really a shame, I don't mind the adds, but FT management should use a decent company so we don't have these problems. I am seldome visiting FT any more due the inablity to load pages.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 1:49 am

Programs: 11 Longhaired Friends of Jesus; Chartreuse Microbus; just demoted to AA nonentity
Originally Posted by JRF
They have now blocked the FT domain on the company router.
JRF, does FT still initially load if you tell your browser 'http://64.78.185.92'?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JRF, your other option is to edit the "hosts" file blocking access to the tribalfusion.com servers, that way you won't have to install anything...
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:27 am

Your IT department blocked the flyertalk domain on the company router because of the ads from Tribalfusion? This makes no sense to me.

Really, from what we can see the reactions here are way out of proportion to the problems at TF. Most of the major ad companies have experienced problems in the last few weeks, so the issues are not isolated at TF.

Originally Posted by JRF
I just asked at the IT group (using my non office computer at the moment) and they said adding non approved software is not an option. They have now blocked the FT domain on the company router. It is really a shame, I don't mind the adds, but FT management should use a decent company so we don't have these problems. I am seldome visiting FT any more due the inablity to load pages.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:32 am
JRF

Originally Posted by John at Webflyer
Your IT department blocked the flyertalk domain on the company router because of the ads from Tribalfusion? This makes no sense to me.

Really, from what we can see the reactions here are way out of proportion to the problems at TF. Most of the major ad companies have experienced problems in the last few weeks, so the issues are not isolated at TF.
Yes, the IT department blocked access to FT (using my own computer at teh moment). I just showed them your post above and they told me with comments like that I should just stay away from FT. Of course, I told them you are not a techie and that that site is important to me (I carry weight around here so I can get them to try and solve my problems.)

They tell me the problem is that the site is holding open one of their fire wall scanning ports and never times out or closes, as the site keeps sending a hold for traffic handshake ever few seconds, but never sends any other traffic. Also, the site is trying to scan for cookies and or ports causing the fire wall to alarm and this is a sign of hacking....

So, I really don't mind the adds, but please change add companies!
Old Jul 31, 2004, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by John at Webflyer

Really? Then why did it take me five tries just to post this response? The hangs are s-o-o-o frustrating! And that's when I can get into the site at all.

And of all the sites I visit on a regular basis - and I visit quite a few! - why is this the only one that gives me hangup heartburn? Possibly because none of the other sites I visit are hosted by TribalFusion? That would be my guess - but then I'm not a techie. I'm just a simple-minded, grey-haired grandma who likes to travel a lot and against all odds has learned how to turn on the computer.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PM
I'm still having problems with load times also as posted previously. Sure hope this is fixed soon because it's been going on at least 3wks now!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:22 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
Really? Then why did it take me five tries just to post this response? The hangs are s-o-o-o frustrating! And that's when I can get into the site at all.

And of all the sites I visit on a regular basis - and I visit quite a few! - why is this the only one that gives me hangup heartburn? Possibly because none of the other sites I visit are hosted by TribalFusion? That would be my guess - but then I'm not a techie. I'm just a simple-minded, grey-haired grandma who likes to travel a lot and against all odds has learned how to turn on the computer.
Our site isn't hosted by TribalFusion either, just our banner ads.

Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:17 am
JRF

Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
Our site isn't hosted by TribalFusion either, just our banner ads.
It does not matter who host your site or who provides the banner adds. What matters is that the site is not working properly and this has caused the FT to be reduced to a fly by night operation, or at least that is how it appears. I know this is not the case, so please get up out of the chair and solve the problem!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:22 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by JRF
It does not matter who host your site or who provides the banner adds. What matters is that the site is not working properly and this has caused the FT to be reduced to a fly by night operation, or at least that is how it appears. I know this is not the case, so please get up out of the chair and solve the problem!
Sure thing.

Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:45 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Originally Posted by JRF
Sounds like a brilliant IT staff They tell you that tribalfusion is the problem and then they block flyertalk. What kind of genius would it take for them just to block tribalfusion and be done with it?

Of course, there might be other reasons they blocked your access to flyertalk.com
Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:51 pm
JRF

Originally Posted by robb
Sounds like a brilliant IT staff They tell you that tribalfusion is the problem and then they block flyertalk. What kind of genius would it take for them just to block tribalfusion and be done with it?

Of course, there might be other reasons they blocked your access to flyertalk.com
They are infact a very smart IT department. Any other sites coming in that get hung using Tribalfusion would also be blocked. However, I am the only one surfing a site with Tribalfusion and or the only one using FT. Maybe the problem is only on FT (due to Tribalfusion....)

Your comment is of no help to anyone!

If you know how to solve the problem then speak up!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:21 pm

I posted about this a while ago, because I wasn't sure why every time I clicked on an FT page, it seemed to redirect through an ad server.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what was the rationale for using Tribal Fusion? (and please don't say something like "duh, FT needs ads to survive.")
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:29 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by KSinNYC
I posted about this a while ago, because I wasn't sure why every time I clicked on an FT page, it seemed to redirect through an ad server.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what was the rationale for using Tribal Fusion? (and please don't say something like "duh, FT needs ads to survive.")
FT needs ads to survive, and TribalFusion was the best fit for us. If you'd like to suggest alternate ad companies, contact [email protected] and we'll forward them on.

And as far as redirecting through an ad server, none of our pages do that. The ads themselves redirect through TF's servers I'm sure, to provide click-through tracking for their clients, but actual FlyerTalk pages just sit on our server.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.