Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

More problems linking to existing threads.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Location: PDX, AMS, MSN, ORD. Dedicated to finding a cure for Republicanism in our time. "Won't you please help"? "For the children's sake"?
Programs: ! "Ya can't tell da' playahs wit'out a program!" NW silver, DIRT everywhere else.

I was trying to place a link in an Omni post(cannabis Destinations) to a thread in TravelBuzz about Amsterdam Coffeeshops. As usual, I used the 'email this thread' function to capture the url. but when the link is posted, it shows:
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: ; vbulletin_collapse=; bblastvisit=1081242902; bblastactivity=1081243253; bbthread_lastview=ax178x- etc. etc. with code all the way down the page.
What am I doing wrong(if anything)?
Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Another solution

HigherFlyer, if you log into FT from www.flyertalk.com/forum, you'll see the urls for each thread in your browser window. I think you'll find it a handier solution than needing the extra step of starting the process of emailing a link.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Location: PDX, AMS, MSN, ORD. Dedicated to finding a cure for Republicanism in our time. "Won't you please help"? "For the children's sake"?
Programs: ! "Ya can't tell da' playahs wit'out a program!" NW silver, DIRT everywhere else.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
HigherFlyer, if you log into FT from www.flyertalk.com/forum, you'll see the urls for each thread in your browser window. I think you'll find it a handier solution than needing the extra step of starting the process of emailing a link.
Thank's! But if the links don't work, it's still a problem.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:27 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Was it this thread:
"Best Coffeeshop in AMS?" -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298695

The link to it works for me. Also, the "Email this Page" link worked as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sendm...riend&t=298695

If you need to know what a link is, all you have to do is mouse-over it to see it in your browser's status bar. To copy the link to your clipboard (so you can paste it somewhere else), mouse-over the link and Right-Click (CTRL-Click on a Mac) and choose to copy the link from the options listed. Then you'll be able to paste that link into a post, email, etc.

Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dan at WebFlyer
Was it this thread:
"Best Coffeeshop in AMS?" -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298695

The link to it works for me. Also, the "Email this Page" link worked as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sendm...riend&t=298695

If you need to know what a link is, all you have to do is mouse-over it to see it in your browser's status bar. To copy the link to your clipboard (so you can paste it somewhere else), mouse-over the link and Right-Click (CTRL-Click on a Mac) and choose to copy the link from the options listed. Then you'll be able to paste that link into a post, email, etc.
I know all that, and I did all that.
When I click the link you just posted, I get the same error message again. All other links have worked for me, so I'm not sure why this one won't.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 2:18 pm
dan at WebFlyer

When you click the link and it loads in a new window for you, then errors, can you paste that link (from the new browser) here?

I don't know what to tell you about that link, as I can't duplicate the error here. In the meantime, you can try clearing out your browser's temporary files/cache and restarting it, to see if it clears anything up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.