FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Fatal Error when using forum search (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/310537-fatal-error-when-using-forum-search.html)

blue2002 Apr 3, 2004 10:13 am

Fatal Error when using forum search

When trying to search with "united upgrade" string on "Air Canada Aeroplan" forum, I get the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/search.php on line 810

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 467

Does anybody have an "estimated time to fix"?

Regards,

blue2002

TerryK Apr 3, 2004 3:21 pm

Same Problem for Me

I am getting the same error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/search.php on line 968

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Can't use search function now! :(

jfe Apr 3, 2004 3:42 pm

If I use the basic search forum function I don't get that error, but the advanced search crashes everytime :(

gleff Apr 4, 2004 8:29 am

This was happening to me when I was entering searches that likely were bringing up hundreds of threads.

When my search terms were narrow things were working better.

GoingAway Apr 4, 2004 10:27 am

Search all Forums & Search A Forum - Same Error

I got the error when I mistakenly tried the all forums search, and again when I just targeted the UA forum. This is the last error message I got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/search.php on line 946

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

WestCoastFlyer Apr 5, 2004 3:24 pm

Could Search Crashes be Causing Slow Responses

Still getting error messages when searching - both global and within forum.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/site/flyertalk.com/www/forum/search.php on line 968

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Could this be causing the slow response times? Someone searches, a memory crash occurs and the board slows down ?

Thanks