Securing Connection/Confirm Resubmission when clicking back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So far so good today.
SPN Lifer and IBJoel like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thank you. It is nice once again to be able to read without interruption.
IBJoel and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos (Post # 20)
Just started a separate thread re: Cloudflare because I didn’t realize this thread was about that based on the subject.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...loudflare.html

Thankfully, this issue was resolved about five days ago, as reported in that thread (Post # 11).

🌴🎶🍾💚
​​​​​​
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
This issue seems to have returned here in Europe…
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:29 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Looks like we had an attack. I'm checking with tech
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Same problem is back here in Argentina.

Last edited by HIDDY; Feb 6, 2023 at 6:20 pm
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Same problem is back here in Argentina.
And in Aus. Asking for permission to "resend" when I'm just going back to the previous page I was reading.
iamaho likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
...and just as I was getting back into frequenting the site... 😩
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Looks like we had an attack. I'm checking with tech
I'm not a network expert but I am an engineer. You need new tech people if their solution to an attack is to treat subscribers with contempt for days or weeks on end. The "we're checking the security of your connection" I can live with, but the part where it rejects a "security token" and disconnects is really poor design.
moondog, flyerCO and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I'm not a network expert but I am an engineer. You need new tech people if their solution to an attack is to treat subscribers with contempt for days or weeks on end. The "we're checking the security of your connection" I can live with, but the part where it rejects a "security token" and disconnects is really poor design.
It's all poor IT work. The only website this ever happens with is Flyertalk.

Also poor IT, fact you can't use VPN.

I get needing to protect. However whomever does FT security needs to be fired. The settings here are like locking the kids out of house, just cause someone broke in.
RadioGirl, lsquare and iamaho like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:34 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
We have like two people to cover all of our network stuff for the entire department, maybe multiple departments, unfortunately. Some stuff has to be automated and I get that it sucks big time. We also have more international users than a typical US-based site (US IPs are not typically affected). We do use a standard security service for our needs.

At any rate, the verification should be off now, but I've been informed it may return depending on if we're attacked.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IBJoel
We have like two people to cover all of our network stuff for the entire department, maybe multiple departments, unfortunately. Some stuff has to be automated and I get that it sucks big time. We also have more international users than a typical US-based site (US IPs are not typically affected). We do use a standard security service for our needs.

At any rate, the verification should be off now, but I've been informed it may return depending on if we're attacked.
I don't doubt your employees are hard working. Working in IT I fully get some things will have to be automated. I also fully get using a standard service. However the settings the service seem to use, seem over broad. The only website I ever have issue with is FT (and I travel through some iffy countries like South Africa, Brazil, etc.).
lsquare and IBJoel like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Totally agree.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I don't doubt your employees are hard working. Working in IT I fully get some things will have to be automated. I also fully get using a standard service. However the settings the service seem to use, seem over broad. The only website I ever have issue with is FT (and I travel through some iffy countries like South Africa, Brazil, etc.).
VPN is also an issue on FT...

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's all poor IT work. The only website this ever happens with is Flyertalk.

Also poor IT, fact you can't use VPN.

I get needing to protect. However whomever does FT security needs to be fired. The settings here are like locking the kids out of house, just cause someone broke in.
​​​​​​​True and there is a separate thread on that.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 3:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is anyone still getting this on signing to FT?
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is anyone still getting this on signing to FT?
Of course.

Last edited by IBJoel; Mar 3, 2023 at 5:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.