Reload this Page >

Securing Connection/Confirm Resubmission when clicking back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Securing Connection/Confirm Resubmission when clicking back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:28 am

More annoyingly it has occurred several times when I've clicked on the submit post button resulting in a page refresh and losing my post. Flyertalk has missed out on some brilliant posts because of this It is really irritating
moondog and AlwaysFlyStar like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by supine (Post # 4)
It seems to be Cloudflare that is causing this.

You can see the redirect to cloudflare.hcaptcha.com and when you come back to usercp.php it's a POST instead of a GET.

It wouldn't be so annoying if it was rare but this happens anytime I've not interacted with the site for more than 5-10 minutes.
Originally Posted by supine (Post # 6)
I'm also seeing a lot of "Cloudflare checking your browser" and "Tick the I'm not a robot box". Not just occasionally but roughly every 15 minutes or so. Not sure why they don't set a cookie and save themselves some resources and me some annoyance.
Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post # 7)
Users outside the US right now require a Cloudflare check that should be once per session. . . . I will consult with our team on why you may be receiving the check multiple times and if it might be responsible for your Back button issue
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG (Post # 9)
Same for me. I get random "Securing Connection" page, although so far it has always reconnected.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post # 11)
Same for me from NZ, Australia and UK since approx Monday (nz time). Makes very slow to use FT.
Same thing here on Saipan, USA, 129 miles north of Guam, USA, in the Western Pacific.

Repeated delays while "verifying security" on my Android phone. Very frustrating, as I like to check FT during breaks from work tasks.

I tend to open 4 or 5 threads as tabs in a group, and then check the unread posts as time allows. I often cannot "like" or must refresh to post.

Edit: I now get this dozens of times daily.
(I connect via wi-fi.)
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jan 23, 2023 at 2:30 pm Reason: Add screenshot.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HIDDY
No idea if it's the same problem but for the last week or two every time I enter Flyertalk I get a ''checking to see if the site connection is secure'' warning. Not been refused entry so far but it's getting a wee bit annoying. This is when using a laptop from home.
Why is this still happening? Now regularly getting the tick box ''to prove you're human'' box.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:11 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Experiencing similar situations here in Sweden.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:47 am

Am I the only one being driven crazy by Cloudflare?

The incessant checking and rechecking for secure connection upon every single click is ridiculous. And a decent chunk of the time it just fails out and reloads don’t help. Serious PITA. Is it not affecting others?
SPN Lifer, VSLover, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:50 am

Just started a separate thread re: Cloudflare because I didn’t realize this thread was about that based on the subject.

This is driving me nuts - constant securing connection that fails quite frequently. Makes the site a real pain to use.

in Japan.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:09 am

Same here. And yes, very aggravating.
SPN Lifer, wrp96, iamaho and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:07 am

Programs: QF WP
Me 3- Cloudflare checking my connection and constant “are you sure you want to submit this form again”, when I’m not submitting a form
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Same experience here in Sweden!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Similar reports in Securing Connection/Confirm Resubmission when clicking back
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:48 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Yeah, we had a crawler attack and I've asked tech for an update on toning down security settings
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:23 pm

Thanks Joel. We do the same kind of intl filtering but there are certain countries that are a concern and many that are not. Sweden and Japan are examples of not
SPN Lifer and iamaho like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:54 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
OK it turns out that Google went crazy on one of our pages (crawling 1.5 million times in 30 days) so we're blocking that, seeing how it goes, and expect to remove the added security tomorrow
SPN Lifer, HIDDY and iamaho like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by pesos
Thanks Joel. We do the same kind of intl filtering but there are certain countries that are a concern and many that are not. Sweden and Japan are examples of not
Neither (I expect) is Australia. I'm really tired of getting kicked out and having to reconnect the site when all I'm doing is reading.
SPN Lifer, iamaho and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iamaho
Same experience here in Sweden!
One of my primary (non-commercial) IP addresses in Sweden is again being blocked via Cloudflare. For around 90 days a very clean Swedish IP address was being blocked by FT — and only FT — via Cloudflare and thereby kicking up 1020 “errors” for me. Then there was a few days break from the blocking and now it’s back to the same blocking/1020 issue for the same Swedish IP address. Sort of amusingly, this IP blocking/1020 “error” recurrence comes at a time when the incessant “secure connection” thing has suddenly dropped off in frequency when I’m using more widely shared IP addresses in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US and so on to use FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.