Wiki Posts
Search

Issues related to rollout of FT "enhancements" 11 Aug 2022 or thereabouts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Thanks - for info, I can see my own picture in the post above
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Thanks - for info, I can see my own picture in the post above
I think the task to fix this problem might rest with me since the images are hosted independently of FT. As far as I can see the hosting provider is not running the latest php on its server and it appears the onus is on me to request an update. I will try to get this rectified as quickly as possible.
intuition and plunet like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:19 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Hey, are the photos visible now?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:02 pm

Yes! all suddenly appeared, thanks. If this is global problem, had no-one else mentioned it?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:10 pm
Administrator

Yes! all suddenly appeared, thanks. If this is global problem, had no-one else mentioned it?
You were the first, yes. It was posted 3 years ago, so maybe no one really looked at it after a bit or I'm not sure.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks, that’s a relief. Yesterday’s security certificate update to the host server must have done the trick.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:50 pm

Thanks anyway - I wasn't so bothered about the links but all of the lounge info is embedded in pictures which I couldn't see. It hasn't been that way for as much as 3 years for sure - it has only been relatively recently that they all disappeared.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Up until about an hour ago I always had a header across the top of the page that said Flyer Talk and had other information. Now that header is only visible if I go to Home. I am on a PC and didn't do anything or switch anything that I am aware of. Is there a way to get it back on all pages?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:30 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by corky
Up until about an hour ago I always had a header across the top of the page that said Flyer Talk and had other information. Now that header is only visible if I go to Home. I am on a PC and didn't do anything or switch anything that I am aware of. Is there a way to get it back on all pages?
Could you post a screenshot, please? And to confirm, it was OK yesterday?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Different than OP, but experiencing the same issue.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
This is what I am missing.
And it was there this morning .
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:36 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Different than OP, but experiencing the same issue.
Ah, OK. Try clearing your cache: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe......_your_cache

If that doesn't work, do you have Infinite Scroll enabled and what browser are you on?

ETA: I just had the problem to and following the steps in the above link fixed it for me.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sorry IB. I was on just a few hours ago & am now having the same problem. Here's my layman's take on it - if we're all having the same issue. the problem is not us. it's you (you being FT). You can't have multiple people spread out all over the globe accessing on different devices & tell us the problem is us.

Also, because we can't log in the normal way (with log in at the top). I expected after posting this to be able to go to my FT & find the forums I subscribed to. No such luck, because of the problem. Geesh.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by corky
I had the same issue on both my office and home computers. Logging out of FlyerTalk followed by clearing the cache and logging back in fixed the issue.
corky and IBJoel like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The page headers on my android aren't showing up today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.