Reload this Page >

Issues related to rollout of FT "enhancements" 11 Aug 2022 or thereabouts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues related to rollout of FT "enhancements" 11 Aug 2022 or thereabouts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TWA884
OK, quick reply and embedded tweets are back after I had deleted all the FT cookies and cleared the cache; yes, I had to log back in. Haven't run across posts with embedded YouTube videos yet.
That was true for my office computer, not my personal one at home.

I was unable to see embedded tweets and YouTube videos until a short time ago. The issue was in the OneTrust "Do Not Sell My Personal Information." I did not permit the "Sale of Personal Data" Once I did, the embedded tweets magically reappeared I assume that the same goes for embedded YouTube videos.

Simply go to the bottom of any FlyerTalk Forum page and click on the "Manage Preferences" link. It's in the center of the page on the mobile site and the right-hand side of the bottom menu bar on the desktop version.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I was unable to see embedded tweets and YouTube videos until a short time ago. The issue was in the OneTrust "Do Not Sell My Personal Information." I did not permit the "Sale of Personal Data" Once I did, the embedded tweets magically reappeared I assume that the same goes for embedded YouTube videos.
Yeah, no thanks if I really care about the embeds on a post, there are other ways to dig the link out.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serpens
Double-clicking the globe to the left of the forum title in the list of "Subscribed Forums" does nothing. For other globes, double-clicking marks all posts as read.
Since double-clicking the globe works to mark all threads as read on all my subscribed forums other than this one, it seems like this should be a simple fix. I mean, if it works everywhere else, it shouldn't be a browser or OS issue, should it?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Yeah, no thanks if I really care about the embeds on a post, there are other ways to dig the link out.
IBJoel posted in the private moderators' forum late yesterday afternoon that some cookies that affected moderation tools and infinite scrolling in the mobile version, and embedded tweets and YouTube videos in both the mobile and the desktop versions were incorrectly categorized. I have yet to change the cookie settings, however, the mobile version functionality is back to normal and I am now able to moderate and scroll through thread pages while on my phone (permitting the sale of information did not fix that issue).
moondog, Zorak, IBJoel and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Did someone mention the "false last page" issue?

The Marquette Hotel, Minneapolis, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-MN}

It shows there is a page 5 but you click it and it goes nowhere. My guess is there is no page 5.
In the past, this would happen if posts had been deleted. Clicking on the last page number would just result in the previous page (or last page with posts) being (re)loaded.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
seems i can't access my photo album,

logging in >
profile name >
myflyertalk >
photo album

pesky stupid privacy settings warning popup is in the way..... am unable to click >
yes accept all
or
reject all

have troubles on
FT desktop version
Windows 10 : chrome
IOS 16 : safari
both interfaces seem to show the privacy pop up but dont allow to choose the settings so it blocks access to the photo album
and doesnt move at all

no adblocker and such
java + cookies enabled

It used to work fine before

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 29, 2022 at 1:20 am
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:52 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Infinite Scroll should now be fixed
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Infinite Scroll should now be fixed
Confirmed working for me.
As is being able to navigate to specific pages on mobile view.
Thanks!

TWA884 seemed to infer it was something to do with incorrectly categorised cookies? I did suggest it was too many cookies 🍪 in the jar previously 😜
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
seems i can't access my photo album,

logging in >
profile name >
myflyertalk >
photo album

pesky stupid privacy settings warning popup is in the way..... am unable to click >
yes accept all
or
reject all

have troubles on
FT desktop version
Windows 10 : chrome
IOS 16 : safari
both interfaces seem to show the privacy pop up but dont allow to choose the settings so it blocks access to the photo album
and doesnt move at all

no adblocker and such
java + cookies enabled

It used to work fine before
FlyerTalk recently changed cookie management for CCPA and GDPR compliance from TrustArc to OneTrust.

The privacy interface shown in your screenshot is TrustArc's. Try clearing the cache and deleting all the FlyerTalk cookies and logging back in.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
TWA884 : thanks for the tip
I have cleared cache + cookies + website data on Safari IOS16

Problem still persists : above pop up appears and i am unable to select any of the privacy settings options
Preventing me access to the page....

Even allowing all features enabled via this pop up:

doesn't make the "we value your privacy pop up at the photo album page " away.....

could it be because of CCPA and GDPR compliance

my flyertalk place of residence is Great Brittain
my PC uses Gibraltar as location or my ipad the Netherlands
my language settings are Dutch and Amsterdam timezone

that the CCPA / GDPR setting are confused ?

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 29, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:18 pm

HadesNL, sorry, I have no idea. It took me a while to figure out how to access my Pictures & Albums, but I am able to see all of what I have uploaded or posted.

IBJoel ?
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To close the loop, I can now scroll through pages on the mobile site again. I'm not sure when this was fixed (I took a few days off FT since it was too hard to use with scroll broken) and today when I logged in again it was working.
Misco60 and plunet like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Not being able to access the "last" page has effected even me from time to time. Typically if I make a post in the thread, that will fix it. It's just an issue of how the site deals with deleted posts before clearing its own cache, especially in long threads.
I think there is something more to this issue (besides some caching that I personlly could affect by posting new ), because the forum itself is confused. Eg, if I check my recieved likes, I get a link to
The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Clicking that link, sends me to page 464 (that doesn't exists) and then to page 462 which is the actual last. However the linked post is not there.

But, and this is the funny part, if I scroll ever so slightly down and then ever so slightly up again, the page magically reloads into page 461, just below the linked post. This behaviour is in Opera, can't get the same result in Firefox.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:14 pm

HadesNL, sorry, I have no idea. It took me a while to figure out how to access my Pictures & Albums,
but I am able to see all of what I have uploaded or posted?
Thank you for trying at least
i find myself of the era of ms dos / windows 3.11 and letterperfect but this cookies and privacy compliance thing is mystery to me
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by DELee
Even more breakage. Under the "Welcome, DELee" where "Your Notifications" would a) show a numeral + down indicator arrow and then b) a drop down when the down arrow was selected, neither is the notification count updated nor new post quotes shown in the drop down when new post quotes occur across FT.

This is really awesome. Not.

David
In case I missed a reply to this issue, I have the same one. I have checked the bell in the upper right corner of the screen, but it does not immediately the replied to posts, maybe 2 days later. Luckily, I can see my subscribed to posts and when reviewing them, I will see something that was replied to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.