20 October 21 New FT Menu - discussion, problems, suggestions, reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 October 21 New FT Menu - discussion, problems, suggestions, reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by fumje
And another day of eagerness ensues.
I'm expecting another day of disappintment.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Frankly, as a web developer, I found the UX here to be kind of lousy even before the recent update. The navigation in particular seems to have gone through a number of different changes with remnants of multiple "versions" sort of cobbled together in an effort to help support different routes users may have grown reliant upon over the years and the result is in places pretty baffling and even redundant.

Those of you that are struggling to get the desktop view from mobile - your browser's "desktop site" option should help you there for the time being.
lsquare and GW McLintock like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Frankly, as a web developer, I found the UX here to be kind of lousy even before the recent update. The navigation in particular seems to have gone through a number of different changes with remnants of multiple "versions" sort of cobbled together in an effort to help support different routes users may have grown reliant upon over the years and the result is in places pretty baffling and even redundant.

Those of you that are struggling to get the desktop view from mobile - your browser's "desktop site" option should help you there for the time being.
Someone pointed that out to me on Sunday and it has been very helpful.

-J.
lsquare and mildfrequence like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Good afternoon. We are now nine days into the broken website. Just hoping for some kind of update, even if it's just "we're working on it"

-J.
corky, Xyzzy, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Good afternoon. We are now nine days into the broken website. Just hoping for some kind of update, even if it's just "we're working on it"
a customer-oriented organization keeps its users in the loop about what's going on, even if it's just to periodically say "sorry, we still don't have a fix yet but it's still being worked on" so they know it isn't being ignored or abandoned.
corky and DenverBrian like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
As MatthewLAX notes in the How to post photos thread:

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Why not remove the ridiculous new banner which is causing so many problems? Is there no fix for this problem beyond breaking down the code?
I really now think that the IB programmers are shifting FT to a single code base and those who've learned to adapt on what was available on desktop or *phone will continue to see multiple types of breakage for a while.

​​​​​​​David
MatthewLAX and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So is this it? Are we stuck with the "improvements"?
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by corky
So is this it? Are we stuck with the "improvements"?
It seems like it. Apparently, this is another one of those situations where things weren't "broken", but they decided to "fix" it.
corky likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has now been two weeks

-J.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-J.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-J.
I think the "like/ARG" thing started in August. Two weeks is nothing.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
I think the "like/ARG" thing started in August. Two weeks is nothing.
I wonder how that happened. It just started to randomly appear.
corky likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has now been three weeks. Today for the first time I am able to upload a photo easily. Thank you for fixing that.

However the thread tools and other buttons at the top of the screen are still inaccessible.

-J.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Meanwhile, in ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread today:

Originally Posted by ITA Hacker
Hi All,

For many years, we have maintained Matrix as an informal demonstration platform for the advanced features of our flight search technology – the same technology that underlies Google Flights and many airline websites. Unfortunately, the current Matrix website implementation relies on an internally deprecated web platform slated for retirement.

As a result, a band of dedicated Google “20% time” volunteers has been working to rewrite Matrix using newer web technologies like Angular, while aiming to preserve most of the existing functionality. You can now try out the new Matrix at the following url:

https://partnerdash.google.com/apps/matrix/search

Use the new Matrix to search for itineraries with the control and power you are used to, including routing and extension codes, calendar searches, filters, and time-bars to visualize the resulting options.

Use the Send Feedback link right from the new Matrix to tell us what works and what does not. We read all the feedback we receive.

The Matrix Crew
Refreshing, isn't it?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Zorak
Wow. Real real world testing and feedback.

David
Xyzzy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.