FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   the FlyerTalk Awards voting process (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/2033315-flyertalk-awards-voting-process.html)

moondog Jan 29, 2021 10:06 am

the FlyerTalk Awards voting process

1. Many of us (temporarily) gave up on loyalty last year because our travel was cut back by 90%
2. as such, my own votes are based primarily on 2019 opinions
3. I somewhat regret my decision to place DL at #1 because I realize their miles are now basically worth 1 penny each, but at least they don't expire, and the company is good
4. for hotels, Marriott is the obvious winner because they have ~30 brands so you are bound to find good locations pretty much everywhere
5. IHG's program might be better for elites, but they force you to stay in undesirable areas
6. The same can be said for Hyatt
7. I was surprised to see MU missing from the Asia list because they aren't an awful airline anymore, and they are the only airline I know of in Asia that offers comp upgrades to top tier elites

lhrsfo Jan 29, 2021 10:46 am

Yes, with such a small amount of travel this year, I've only been on UA and BA and I've only stayed in a Marriott and a couple of independent hotels (much nicer, of course). Treated well by both airlines, and received cash refunds from them both, so I'm happy but I don't think that I have enough information to cast a vote.

yyznomad Jan 29, 2021 1:22 pm

I never really understood the voting for programs and the such... I mean, the only fair way is for the voter to have sampled all products across the board, and on the same status levels across... otherwise, you'll just end up voting for what you know and like, which for many of us here will be a small portion of each industry (rental car, hotel, airline, etc.).

moondog Jan 30, 2021 12:31 am

@MoDs I (wrongly) assumed that after I voted, that bright red "vote" icon would disappear. Also, as I intimated in my OP, many of our opinions on 2020 loyalty programs are completely useless. For example, I am an MU hostage simply because I live in Shanghai, but this does not mean they are better than other carriers in the region.

Toshbaf Jan 31, 2021 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 33004248)
@MoDs I (wrongly) assumed that after I voted, that bright red "vote" icon would disappear. ...

I, too, made the incorrect assumption. I wish I could void my vote because the red icon is still there.

I have flown only about 4 trips in January and February 2020 so I am an uninformed voter. This is not a 2019 vote.

JY1024 Jan 31, 2021 9:19 pm

Let's move this over to the Suggestion Box, and I'll also tag Internet Brands folks, as they are the ones that own the awards and process. Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator

IBobi IBJoel

cockpitvisit Feb 1, 2021 9:20 am

Where should the "SUBMIT MY FINAL VOTE FOR THIS REGION" button appear? I saved my votes for Europe/Africa both for "best rewards" and "outstanding benefit" and clicked the "Save my vote" button on each page. But it seems the submit button never materialized...

WineCountryUA Feb 1, 2021 10:29 am

Its a bit confusing to have an "I voted" badge and the "Vote" button present. Did my vote take? Can I change my vote?

Or keeping with times, vote a second time? :D
No

You already complete vote process for this region. Please choose another region to vote for.

JDiver Feb 22, 2021 4:05 pm

As this thread appears to deal more with technical and usability issues than suggestions for new fora or features, etc. we’ve moved it to the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

Thank you,

JDiver, Co-Moderator