Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

(Some?) images in posts not visible in Coronavirus forum (LAN image blocking)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2020, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&S Elite+

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Here are Sunday's figures. Portugal continues to rise, otherwise I don't think there are any other surprises. I am still not getting any recent data for Luxembourg but I will find out more on Monday.
Is it just me that can rarely see the figures you post? A d b l o c k is off on my browser, but nothing visible. Firefox, Edge & Opera all he same. Something is amiss!
Old Aug 30, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by DaveS
Is it just me that can rarely see the figures you post? A d b l o c k is off on my browser, but nothing visible. Firefox, Edge & Opera all he same. Something is amiss!
I'm using Firefox and Chrome and there have not been any problems reading the data.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&S Elite+
Thanks - I found the problem. Image sharing services are blocked on my LAN and these images are hosed at imageshack(dot)com. Using a VPN bypasses the blocking and I can see them.
IBJoel and JDiver like this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If it helps, I have occasionally had problems seeing my own images! The certificate on the host server isn't widely recognised, so another option is to fiddle with settings on your browser to force acceptance of that particular domain.

The reason I use Imageshack is that the FT's image process is a bit of blunt instrument in terms of image management, whereas my image host has a lot of facilities to do with sizing and file formats.
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.