Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one to be super annoyed with pages jumping during ads loading ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I the only one to be super annoyed with pages jumping during ads loading ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Angry Am I the only one to be super annoyed with pages jumping during ads loading ?

Title says all. This started I believe a few months ago (I am sure it was not at that point before). When accessing any page​​​​​​, clicking on any button leading to a new page, you have the page jumping up and down during 5-6 sec while all the ads are loading and taking the space they need on the page. I am getting more and more annoyed by this.
I am sure I’m not the only one to get tired of this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:50 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
If you are not on a fast connection, it can take a few seconds for the page to load; while loading, you will see that the page is readjusting to create ad space.

The solution is to use a faster connection, or wait until the page loads before interacting with it.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I get it too especially on my iPad
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:51 pm

+1, there needs to be a placeholder for the space on a page that an ad will occupy.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Gold; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
Same here, but I should check my hardwired desktop to see if WIFI lag on my laptop is a factor.

I have also recently observed that using my Safari "back" button does not always go back to the previous page, but instead it stays on the first page of the current thread. I find that most annoying.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:58 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Totally agree. I am constantly accidentally unsubscribing from threads on mobile. I'm poised to hit the View 1st Unread button...then as I go to do it the page jumps down and I click the Subscribed button which removes my subscription. It's nothing to do with speed of connection, it's the speed with which the ad is served up.
davie355 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wrp96
I get it too especially on my iPad
same for me
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:10 am

Solution should be implemented by the website designers/owners and not by the users.
DYKWIA and Goldorak like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:53 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
This is going to happen on any site that has a lot of media assets. If you go to a page with a lot of posts and/or photos and the like, things will take a second to load and the page will jump. Happens to me on other forums and G/O Media sites constantly, so I know the feeling, but there are unfortunately limits to page loading speeds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.