FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   iPad OS 13 issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1989534-ipad-os-13-issues.html)

djmp Sep 30, 2019 9:43 pm

iPad OS 13 issues

Ever since updating to iPadOS 13.1 Flyertalk repeatedly causes the keyboard to pop up on each page change, which is quite annoying. Looks like the focus on the username field is causing the iPad to think that you need to type. As a result you have to dismiss the keyboard to see the content on every click. Other IB sites like pprune.org aren’t showing this problem.

IBJoel Oct 1, 2019 7:18 am

Originally Posted by djmp (Post 31581259)
Ever since updating to iPadOS 13.1 Flyertalk repeatedly causes the keyboard to pop up on each page change, which is quite annoying. Looks like the focus on the username field is causing the iPad to think that you need to type. As a result you have to dismiss the keyboard to see the content on every click. Other IB sites like pprune.org aren’t showing this problem.

Are you logged in?

djmp Oct 1, 2019 8:31 am

This is non-logged in behavior. When you’re logged in a different problem shows up (with the IPadOS 13 mini keyboard in use). The bottom navigation bar starts to appear in the middle of the screen, obscuring content.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ff6c42c7e3.png

IBJoel Oct 1, 2019 9:00 am

Originally Posted by djmp (Post 31582473)
This is non-logged in behavior. When you’re logged in a different problem shows up (with the IPadOS 13 mini keyboard in use). The bottom navigation bar starts to appear in the middle of the screen, obscuring content.

And that just stays there when you scroll?

djmp Oct 1, 2019 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 31582607)
And that just stays there when you scroll?

If you scroll up the bar moves up but stops about an inch from the bottom of the screen, in the position shown in the screen cap. If you scroll down the bar moves down with the page and stops at the bottom. So it’s moving around with scroll.

IBJoel Oct 2, 2019 9:08 am

Thank you for the information, I have reported these to tech.

djmp Oct 18, 2019 12:02 am

Thie bottom bar floating around continues in iPadOS 13.1.3 as does the keyboard continually popping up if you’re not logged in.

IBJoel Oct 18, 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by djmp (Post 31640836)
Thie bottom bar floating around continues in iPadOS 13.1.3 as does the keyboard continually popping up if you’re not logged in.

Tech is working on these, but they had to be bumped up to the core software team.

djmp Oct 30, 2019 9:14 pm

iOS 13.2 appears to have fixed the bottom bar floating up the screen. The keyboard constantly popping up when not logged in continues.

IBJoel Oct 31, 2019 9:40 am

Originally Posted by djmp (Post 31684497)
iOS 13.2 appears to have fixed the bottom bar floating up the screen. The keyboard constantly popping up when not logged in continues.

If a software update fixed the floating bar, it will likely also be responsible for the keyboard. However, I will ask our tech team for an update.

djmp Nov 1, 2019 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 31686132)
If a software update fixed the floating bar, it will likely also be responsible for the keyboard. However, I will ask our tech team for an update.

Keyboard popping up problem continues.

IBJoel Nov 4, 2019 9:09 am

Originally Posted by djmp (Post 31692275)
Keyboard popping up problem continues.

Does this also occur in private browsing? Or on another browser on iOS?

JDiver Nov 4, 2019 6:42 pm

I’m using an iPad with iOS 13.2 and Safari and am not having the keyboard pop up at page changes.