FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Flyertalk News comment issues - can’t, cant read, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1983594-flyertalk-news-comment-issues-can-t-cant-read-etc.html)

Oaksdane Aug 19, 2019 6:15 am

Can’t read comments on news articles?

I’ve searched but not found an answer to this - for a few weeks now whenever I read a news article I am unable to read the comments. For instance the new article on cats in the AF Lounge shows 3 comments in the blue box, I click on the box and it just disappears! Every single time on any article the blue box just vanishes! Am I missing something? Never used to happen. Thanks.

IBJoel Aug 19, 2019 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Oaksdane (Post 31431694)
I’ve searched but not found an answer to this - for a few weeks now whenever I read a news article I am unable to read the comments. For instance the new article on cats in the AF Lounge shows 3 comments in the blue box, I click on the box and it just disappears! Every single time on any article the blue box just vanishes! Am I missing something? Never used to happen. Thanks.

I'll investigate with our content team. Could you pleas give me an example article where this is happening?

@IBMeg any irregularities?

IBMeg Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am

Sorry, none that I can see on this end. I checked that article and the comments show up for me.

IBobi Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm

If you have an ad blocker installed, I suggest disabling it and trying again. This sounds browser-related.

Oaksdane Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm

I do have an adblocker, I disabled it but still the same thing. I’ll try to post screenshots for you.

Oaksdane Aug 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Oaksdane Aug 19, 2019 7:16 pm

Before and after I click on the comments box. You can see how it just vanishes.

IBJoel Aug 20, 2019 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Oaksdane (Post 31434237)
Before and after I click on the comments box. You can see how it just vanishes.

Are you getting the same thing on other browsers/devices?

IBobi Aug 20, 2019 12:16 pm

• Clear your browser cache
  • Try a different browser

Oaksdane Aug 21, 2019 5:51 am

So I can’t read the comments using my iPad, but they do show up on my iPhone. I guess if I really want to know what is being said I’ll have to get my magnifying glass out! Thanks for the help!

IBJoel Aug 21, 2019 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Oaksdane (Post 31439301)
So I can’t read the comments using my iPad, but they do show up on my iPhone. I guess if I really want to know what is being said I’ll have to get my magnifying glass out! Thanks for the help!

Sounds like it could be an iOS or Safari update issue, depending on which Apple device has newer software.

YogiB Sep 7, 2019 4:43 am

Can't comment on news articles

I think something is buggy.

In the comments section, it says:

You must be logged in on the FORUM to post a comment
There is a login button next to it.

However, I am logged in on the forum. Refreshing the page (ctrl+F5) doesn't help.

jrpallante Sep 8, 2019 11:07 pm

Glad it's not just me!

IBJoel Sep 9, 2019 7:39 am

It looks like it sends you into a loop, as well. I'll report to tech. Thank your for letting us know.

afCAMEO Oct 23, 2019 4:59 am

Who moderates comments on blogs posted on Flyertalk?

Who moderates comments on blogs posted on Flyertalk? It seems that whenever I question a blog post my comment doesn't seem to get posted, eg. Jackie Reddy's headline which indicates that 5 airports have gotten rid of Uber/Lyft, when they have actually just moved them.