Wiki Posts
Search

Hamburger icon is redirecting to news page on android chrome

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Hamburger icon is redirecting to news page on android chrome

I really like the hamburger (three horizontal lines) because it generates a menu that includes both subscriptions and new posts. However, about two hours ago, it started linking to the news page, which is not useful functionality.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Maybe disregard this because it just started working again.
IBobi likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Rather than starting a new thread, I am adding to this thread in order to reduce clutter, in spite of the fact that my current comments aren't 100% aligned with my OP.

1. Android FT is now working well again

2. I can see that you guys have emulated the mobile UI on Windows

3. This is kind of nice, but I dislike a few things in both cases
a. I used to have a bookmark (on my PC/Chrome) that linked to all current subscriptions; now this same link sends me to a useless page
b. the "forums" link points to a "trending threads" page; please change the name of this link to "trending threads"
c. I haven't figured out a way to unsubscribe from threads in the new UI; this should be possible in both the list view, and within threads themselves

4. Because I'm an ambassador, my FT doesn't include ads, but I still got the "please whitelist us" prompt on every single page until I whitelisted; this is really annoying. While I get the fact that advertising revenue is important to IB, making things hard for users who generate the content (for FREE) that they are selling is not logical. I actually whitelist most sites that ask me to, but sometimes I don't

5. Your QA team has dropped the ball during the course of the past several days

ETA: 3b is simply inexcusable. Why not change the name of the link to "trending threads" and create a new link that actually allows people to visit specific forums?

Last edited by moondog; May 24, 2019 at 7:32 pm
Old May 24, 2019, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Until yesterday, the following link pointed to my subscribed threads (with an easy unsubscribe option for each thread); now it points to a useless page (e.g. edit settings/avatar)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php

Please don't roll out these "upgrades" without consulting us!
Old May 25, 2019, 2:05 am
Original Poster

I figured out how to revert to the old style; "view full site".

This process isn't especially intuitive.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:57 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
There's been no update, FYI.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBobi
There's been no update, FYI.
Thanks. I think I've figured most of this stuff out during the course of the past several days, but I'm still learning.

It appears that my issue was being directed to the desktop site on my phone and the mobile site on my computer, somewhat randomly.

I now know how to switch between the two, but I must say that the process could stand to be a little more intuitive (i.e. perhaps consider adding a toggle button to the main menu).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.