Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Disruptive 2019 Ads on Mobile Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS

Disruptive 2019 Ads on Mobile Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
There are separate threads for mobile devices as well as for disruptive advertisements and for browser redirects / hijacks, as well as other technical issues. Thank you for keeping the thread on topic and assisting Tech to identify, troubleshoot and deal with bugs in this latest iteration of FlyerTalk for mobile devices.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

We apologize for bad ads; these often come through third party ad servers placing insufficiently vetted ads through our advertisement content providers. We continuously strive to address and solve this widespread issue more proactively and quickly. Thank you for alerting us and for your patience!

Please see this Wired article for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk):
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2018 posts.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 27, 19, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Another one

Same details as yesterday
hxxps://givecard-giveaway.best/lp?lpId=75&cid=671fc7d5-5e22-4eed-bb4c-acdedbccbf54&params=W3sibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NjcsIm 9mZmVySWQiOjE4OSwid2VpZ2h0IjoyfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQ%20Y WdlSWQiOjc1LCJvZmZlcklkIjoyMzMsIndlaWdodCI6Mn0seyJ sYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlkIjo2Nywi%20b2ZmZXJJZCI6MzE1LCJ3ZW lnaHQiOjN9LHsibGFuZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NzUsIm9mZmVySWQi OjE4%20Niwid2VpZ2h0IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjc 3LCJvZmZlcklkIjoxODgsIndlaWdodCI6%20M30seyJsYW5kaW 5nUGFnZUlkIjo3Nywib2ZmZXJJZCI6MzA1LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9 LHsibGFuZGlu%20Z1BhZ2VJZCI6NjcsIm9mZmVySWQiOjMwMCw id2VpZ2h0IjozfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjY3%20LCJvZm ZlcklkIjozMDYsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5kaW5nUGFnZUlk Ijo3NSwib2ZmZXJJZCI6%20MzExLCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjJ9LHsibGF uZGluZ1BhZ2VJZCI6NjcsIm9mZmVySWQiOjMxNCwid2VpZ2h0% 20IjoxfSx7ImxhbmRpbmdQYWdlSWQiOjc1LCJvZmZlcklkIjoz MTAsIndlaWdodCI6MX0seyJsYW5k%20aW5nUGFnZUlkIjo2Nyw ib2ZmZXJJZCI6MzA1LCJ3ZWlnaHQiOjF9XQ==%20&campaignI d=449&times=1&index=8#

Old Jul 27, 19, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Huawei V10 Android 9.0 Chrome latest EE UK
1706 UTC Fri 26 July

Getting all of these too on Samsung Internet
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:58 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Thank you, I've sent those ads in to our tech team.
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge
2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Some
Today on my windows-laptop

IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 11, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
being regularly hi jacked by mkplserver. com

unable to recover once a congratulations tab comes up
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 8:49 am
Administrator

Thanks guys. I'll get those reported.
Old Sep 13, 19, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL WFBF, National Emerald Club, Global Entry, CSR, IHG Gold
I see the thread about the full page adblocker beg was closed, so I've come in here to explain that what you see in this thread is why I use an adblocker. Now there's a full page screen with three separate boxes begging me to disable my adblocker. Almost impossible to close.

You might as well shut down FT mobile site. It's unusable with ads, and now it's unusable with adblockers.

If you had unobtrusive, relevant ads I might feel differently, but I'm not going to turn off my adblocker and have my phone hijacked. I guess FT is going to be desktop-only for me, which is going to drive down traffic.
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:15 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
here's a list of what just THIS page is attempting to direct traffic back to (but my container is blocking).

2/sendtofriend.
[email protected]@ flyertalk.com/ad.min.js
1/tracker.min.js
1 krxd.net
1 google-analytics.com
1 googletagservices.com
1 indexww.com
1 amazon-adsystem.com
1##.fa-facebook-square
1##.fa-reddit-square
1##.fa-twitter-square
1/adblockdetect/

These are known identity traffiking sites. If all FT was doing is showing adverts then not a problem. But since this is a identity traffiking site then this is a problem.
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by wetrat0 View Post
I see the thread about the full page adblocker beg was closed, so I've come in here to explain that what you see in this thread is why I use an adblocker. Now there's a full page screen with three separate boxes begging me to disable my adblocker. Almost impossible to close.

You might as well shut down FT mobile site. It's unusable with ads, and now it's unusable with adblockers.

If you had unobtrusive, relevant ads I might feel differently, but I'm not going to turn off my adblocker and have my phone hijacked. I guess FT is going to be desktop-only for me, which is going to drive down traffic.
i can use it with ublock origin. works fine. FT may have a different opinion of that though...
Old Oct 18, 19, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I’m getting ads for buying vapes tonight. Almost as bad as the “Should Trump be elected again” surveys. These type of annoying and distasteful ads will just encourage adblockers to be used.

Old Oct 18, 19, 8:49 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
I’m getting ads for buying vapes tonight. Almost as bad as the “Should Trump be elected again” surveys. These type of annoying and distasteful ads will just encourage adblockers to be used.

Thanks Jaimito. I believe tobacco products are on the list of banned ads for Internet Brands, so I will report to sales. It must have slipped in through a third party.
Old Oct 21, 19, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Still getting vape ads. Usually late at night. There are three different ads on rotation.
Old Oct 21, 19, 9:32 am
Administrator

Still getting vape ads. Usually late at night. There are three different ads on rotation.
The ad team was likely busy on Friday or overlooked the email. I sent them a reminder.
Old Oct 24, 19, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
The ad team was likely busy on Friday or overlooked the email. I sent them a reminder.
Vape ads on:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
and now
Thursday.

Seems IB doesn’t care.
Old Oct 24, 19, 10:50 am
Administrator

Vape ads on:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
and now
Thursday.

Seems IB doesn’t care.
Our ad team thought they blocked it, but since it is still showing up, they need a little more data: If you click on the Blue X in the upper right, it should open a link with more info about the ad and which ad network is serving it (it should NOT be a link to the vape company's site). Please screenshot all of the information on that page and post it here so I can give it to the ad team.

Search this Thread