Reload this Page >

Disruptive 2021 Ads on Mobile Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
There are separate threads for mobile devices as well as for disruptive advertisements and for browser redirects / hijacks, as well as other technical issues. Thank you for keeping the thread on topic and assisting Tech to identify, troubleshoot and deal with bugs in this latest iteration of FlyerTalk for mobile devices.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

We apologize for bad ads; these often come through third party ad servers placing insufficiently vetted ads through our advertisement content providers. We continuously strive to address and solve this widespread issue more proactively and quickly. Thank you for alerting us and for your patience!

Please see this Wired article for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk):
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2020 posts

Link to Archive of 2019 posts

Link to Archive of 2018 posts.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.

Print Wikipost

Disruptive 2021 Ads on Mobile Device - Please Post SCREEN SHOTS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
sponsored ad today for "Get an ESA letter for your pet"
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I don’t see a 2022 thread.

Getting some sort of vape/cigarette ad today. I’m in Indonesia.

Ipad, Safari 15.6

IBJoel likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:19 am

Banner ads are getting stuck for me in the middle of the page. Chrome, iOS 15.6.1 iPhone Pro Max 13.

Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:32 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Berrisfo
Banner ads are getting stuck for me in the middle of the page. Chrome, iOS 15.6.1 iPhone Pro Max 13.

I'm assuming also that the "X" is not functioning?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,

Just from browsing this thread alone, I received three incredibly annoying pop up ads that hover when you scroll threads. This has never happened before prior to about a week ago, what has changed to make this permissible?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is from a laptop, but this takes the cake. The ad covers nearly all of the forum links.

While it's unlikely that I would have patronized this advertiser in any event. It's definitely off the table now.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:35 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by kale73
This is from a laptop, but this takes the cake. The ad covers nearly all of the forum links.

While it's unlikely that I would have patronized this advertiser in any event. It's definitely off the table now.
that's not how that ad should behave (it should be hidden when you expand the menu). Does this happen regularly? I was unable to reproduce on Chrome, but if it's happening all the time on Safari, I'll ask someone with a mac to test
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
that's not how that ad should behave (it should be hidden when you expand the menu). Does this happen regularly? I was unable to reproduce on Chrome, but if it's happening all the time on Safari, I'll ask someone with a mac to test
No, it does not happen all of the time. It does happen occasionally. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, because that's the most maddening type of problem to diagnose and fix. Quitting the browser and restarting did not fix. Currently seeing a Viasat ad that works properly. I will report back if Vrbo triggers the behavior again.

MacBook Pro (2020)
MacOS 11.7
Safari Version 16.0 (16614.1.25.9.10, 16614)
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still having occasional issues with ads covering navigation links.

iPad (6th gen) running iOS 16.5.1 (c); Safari (current release)

IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 1:05 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by kale73
Still having occasional issues with ads covering navigation links.

iPad (6th gen) running iOS 16.5.1 (c); Safari (current release)

Investigating
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Disruptive pop up ad:
DEVICE TYPE Galaxy A14
OPERATING SYSTEM Android 13
BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS Chrome 115.0.5790.139
COUNTRY USA

David
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 9:18 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by DELee
Disruptive pop up ad:

DEVICE TYPE Galaxy A14
OPERATING SYSTEM Android 13
BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS Chrome 115.0.5790.139
COUNTRY USA

David
Thanks David. And this stuck to the screen? You had to click the "X", and you couldn't past it, correct?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Thanks David. And this stuck to the screen? You had to click the "X", and you couldn't past it, correct?
Yes

David
IBJoel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.