FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   How can I always "View Full Site" and NOT Mobile site? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1702893-how-can-i-always-view-full-site-not-mobile-site.html)

JDiver Nov 25, 2013 3:51 pm

How can I always "View Full Site" and NOT Mobile site?

1 Attachment(s)
To set your options to NEVER SEE THE MOBILE SKIN while you’re signed in:

From the top of page blue ribbon menu, go to My FlyerTalk

In the Menu go to Settings & Options

Select Edit Options

Select your display options as shown below

For those using Greasemonkey:

Originally Posted by Spanish (Post 27896638)
All you need to do is add "?styleid=17" to the end of any Flyertalk URL.

:cool: For those with Greasemonkey, a simple script for you. You no needing to be logged in for this to be effective.

Here you go:

Code:

// ==UserScript==
 // @name        Flyertalk_Remove_Infinite_Scroll
 // @match      *://*.flyertalk.com/*
 // @run-at      document-start
 // @grant      none
 // ==/UserScript==

var oldUrlPath  = window.location.pathname;

/*--- Test that "?styleid=17" is at end of URL, excepting any "hashes"
 or searches.
 */
 if (window.location.href.toString().indexOf("?styleid=17") != -1) return false;
 if ( ! /\?styleid=17$/.test (oldUrlPath) ) {

var newURL  = window.location.protocol + "//"
 + window.location.host
 + oldUrlPath + "?styleid=17"
 + window.location.search
 + window.location.hash
 ;
 /*-- replace() puts the good page in the history instead of the
 bad page.
 */
 window.location.replace (newURL);
 }

aeropix Aug 15, 2015 1:10 pm

How can I always "View Full Site" and NOT Mobile site?

Hey, some time ago the Flyertalk website got changed, so that it defaults to a "Mobile Version" skin when opened. When the change occurred, there was a letter sent to the users promising that we could choose the "Full Version" as our default browsing experience.

So far I cannot figure out how to do this, and I am really sick of scrolling all the way to the bottom of the site and choosing "View Full Site" before I can begin browsing.

Can anybody tell me how to set "View Full Site" as default, and never have to see the frustrating "mobile" version again?

Thanks for the advice! I hope somebody knows the solution!

Katykat Aug 15, 2015 1:47 pm

This very thing has just happened to me again, this time as I was actually viewing a thread. It's really annoying as sometimes the " view full site" button doesn't respond.

camille55 Aug 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat (Post 25275969)
This very thing has just happened to me again, this time as I was actually viewing a thread. It's really annoying as sometimes the " view full site" button doesn't respond.

I agree, the view full site button not working is a PITA. Could someone in the know respond to the OP.

missingmanager Aug 16, 2015 12:59 am

Originally Posted by camille55 (Post 25276656)
I agree, the view full site button not working is a PITA. Could someone in the know respond to the OP.

I am having the same problem. The "View full site" button does not work because it is covered by the edges of an advert for a hotel.

FL390 Aug 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Same issue here. I was viewing regular desktop site just fine on my iPad. Now it defaults to this terrible mobile layout and the view full site button is obscured by the add at the bottom. I can't attached a screen shot from the crappy mobile site so here is a link: http://i.imgur.com/DJXGr1a.jpg That flight delay compensation add is preventing me from clapping view full site.

If anyone knows a way to permentaly disable the mobile site please share.

IBobi Aug 17, 2015 3:09 pm

If anyone still sees obscured pages from bad mobile ads from this point on, please let me know.

travelmad478 Feb 17, 2016 10:15 am

Are others still having this problem? (I see that this thread is from August 2015 with no more recent posts.) The mobile site comes up about 25% of the time on my iPad, and I do not ever want it--I always want the full site. How do I get that?

JDiver Feb 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478 (Post 26199391)
Are others still having this problem? (I see that this thread is from August 2015 with no more recent posts.) The mobile site comes up about 25% of the time on my iPad, and I do not ever want it--I always want the full site. How do I get that?

I'd like to know as well, but suspect the answer is to use the Go to Full Site option at the bottom of the page. Myna android and iOS devices default to the Mobile site unpredictably.

IBobi Feb 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26201429)
I'd like to know as well, but suspect the answer is to use the Go to Full Site option at the bottom of the page. Myna android and iOS devices default to the Mobile site unpredictably.

That's right. You can't "always" go to full site -- it's cookie based, so you will need to click GO TO FULL SITE every so often.

SpammersAreScum Feb 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 26201575)
That's right. You can't "always" go to full site -- it's cookie based, so you will need to click GO TO FULL SITE every so often.

Now you've got me curious. If I haven't deleted the cookie, and the cookie expiration date (which I know you can set to years in the future) has not passed, why would the "full site" preference be lost?

IBobi Feb 17, 2016 7:17 pm

It's at most a 24 hour cookie.

travelmad478 Feb 18, 2016 5:34 am

Yes, I've been clicking "go to full site" every time, but (1) that is a PITA, and (2) during the process of going to the full site, you lose your place on the page if you originally clicked on "go to first unread post" to get to it.

Why this can't be a permanent preference? Not to mention, is there anyone that actually likes or needs the mobile site? It's not hard to read the normal one on a tablet or phone.

SpammersAreScum Feb 18, 2016 7:47 am

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 26202362)
It's at most a 24 hour cookie.

Sounds like extending that to a few days -- preferably more -- would reduce a lot of frustration.

tim0409 Mar 19, 2016 5:09 am

Like others my iPad intermittently jumps to the mobile site - a fix would be greatly appreciated as it is annoying! :)