Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Periodic FT issues (crash, Cloudflare, database errors) - DDoS attack, cf wiki

Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FlyerTalk Up, Down, Crash, DDoS, Database Error, etc.

Thursday July 26, 2018, FlyerTalk was under a DDoS / Distributed Denial of Service attack; it seems to be persisting since then. Cloudflare services are keeping the site up, but you may see errors, page call intercepts and delays while the attack is ongoing.

If you are posting content, select all and copy prior to saving or posting to prevent losing your work. Then you can still post it after overcoming the redirect.

For further information on Cloudflare and its workings, see Post #82 by plunet.

FlyerTalk up or down troubles? Check by using: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me.

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=flyertalk.com

If it is just you, try: reloading the page; emptying your cache; deleting one or more cookies; quitting and restarting your browser or trying an alternate or shutting down and rebooting your device.

Print Wikipost

Periodic FT issues (crash, Cloudflare, database errors) - DDoS attack, cf wiki

Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the cloudflare message this morning.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
I got one or two CF messages late afternoon yesterday (Central European Time).
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
DB errors again, now.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am getting a fair few Database Errors at the moment. Approx one third of clicks result in one.
arlflyer, IBJoel and TWCLAM like this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Agreed generally can't get site access at all on either laptop or cell. ( This is first time it's even allowed me to attempt to post and not sure if it actually will).

If it does then as a data point it startsed for me about last 15 mins. I've randomly been getting older thread reply notifications from earlier today ever since (quoting replies I've already seen and clicked on)and as I said affecting both desktop and cell
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:10 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am getting a fair few Database Errors at the moment. Approx one third of clicks result in one.
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Agreed generally can't get site access at all on either laptop or cell. ( This is first time it's even allowed me to attempt to post and not sure if it actually will).

If it does then as a data point it startsed for me about last 15 mins. I've randomly been getting older thread reply notifications from earlier today ever since (quoting replies I've already seen and clicked on)and as I said affecting both desktop and cell
I have them on and off. Probably just something minor, but I'll alert tech, just in case.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@IBJoel - seems to have cleared up for me at least so agreed probably just server switching or something. Weirdly I got the DB Error page when trying to post the above but now I have access back I see it actually posted lol
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not sure if this is related.

My home internet link is terrible so I need to restart my router every day, but sometimes three of four times a day. I wanted to watch a film on amazon so restarted router and afterwards checked something on here.

It said my ip address was blocked with a link to admin, which didnt work.

Restarted router and all seems okay.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:09 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
When you restart your router, you get assigned a new IP address. One of your restarts must have gained you an IP that is banned on FT (probably a spammer was using it).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IBobi
When you restart your router, you get assigned a new IP address. One of your restarts must have gained you an IP that is banned on FT (probably a spammer was using it).
Errr, whether you get a new IP or not really depends on the policy of your ISP. All of the domestic ISPs I have had in the UK generally give you back the same IP unless your router has been off for an extended period of time. There are times when it might change due to other reason, eg. Network engineering.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:58 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I'm getting Cloudfare warnings today, almost every time I try to post. Please update and advise?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:59 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'm getting Cloudfare warnings today, almost every time I try to post. Please update and advise?
A couple mods had some last week. I'll ask tech, though. Nothing to worry about.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
A couple mods had some last week. I'll ask tech, though. Nothing to worry about.
It's been extremely annoying to have typed a long post only to Submit Reply and have the Cloudfare warning come up before eventually returning me to where I had been--with no record of my post.

This has happened to me three times today already. The tech needs to check into this please!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:07 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Sorry about this, guys -- Cloudflare only pops up when necessary, to keep the site from crashing completely. It's not ideal, but it's a lot better than getting a 404 when trying to visit FT.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bhrubin
It's been extremely annoying to have typed a long post only to Submit Reply and have the Cloudfare warning come up before eventually returning me to where I had been--with no record of my post.

This has happened to me three times today already. The tech needs to check into this please!
This happened once for me today but fortunately FT had autosaved most of the post so I didn't lose much. What would be nice is if it indicated that there was a problem auto-saving so that I can save locally as well.
jackal, bhrubin and IBJoel like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.