Search

Mobile skin updates July-August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:28 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Mobile skin updates July-August

The visual difference between read and unread threads is now limited to that box around the number of replies number and the red thingy. Is this going to stay? This is very poor. I want to be able to see quickly which threads I have read and which not.
Before, the titles of threads I’ve read were not bold anymore, only the unread ones, IIRC.

I wonder what the basis of this update is as I don‘t recall anyone saying they wanted this as you claim in the announcement?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The new colors tgey changed to yesterday are awful. The previous ones were bright and colorful. These new colors are awful/look like printer is running low on color ink. They're also really hard on the eyes.

Why does FT keep changing what works to things no one wants.
florens, Duke787 and 889 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:58 am

On my phone, a Redmi Note 3 using Firefox, the whatever-it's-called at the top and bottom have now increased drastically in size. Reading the text in-between is like looking through a pair of nearly closed venetian blind slats. Just impossible,
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:54 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by florens
The visual difference between read and unread threads is now limited to that box around the number of replies number and the red thingy. Is this going to stay? This is very poor. I want to be able to see quickly which threads I have read and which not.

Before, the titles of threads I’ve read were not bold anymore, only the unread ones, IIRC.

This.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Also just noticed that links now aren't as apparent. Now there's just a underline instead of the link text being colored blue.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also just noticed that links now aren't as apparent. Now there's just a underline instead of the link text being colored blue.
That's the most recent fix/solution/downgrade to the hyperlinks for the new 2018 FT style as well:

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Why does FT keep changing what works to things no one wants.
That's no news nor surprise, according to the master FT new style thread. Sigh.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lin821
That's the most recent fix/solution/downgrade to the hyperlinks for the new 2018 FT style as well:

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

That's no news nor surprise, according to the master FT new style thread. Sigh.
Don't use the desktop version, so hadn't encountered the change.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:23 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi florens,

I agree that it would be more convenient for regular users (and a possible necessity for anyone visually impaired) to have the bold/unbold, as well as a darker font. I will ask our tech team if they can update.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Now it is different again. Everything non-bold. Oh dear.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Change it back please. This new skin is ridiculous. My eyes.
florens likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:10 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Now it is different again. Everything non-bold. Oh dear.
Tech is still in the middle of their work.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Tech is still in the middle of their work.
Tech guys? maybe UX person should have a look instead...

Also, one would expect to have a testing environment where your "tech guys" should be playing with changes before they're released to a wider public
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:55 pm

How do you manage to continuously make this worse? Seriously, are your devs incentivized to force people off of mobile? It’s ....ing terrible.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Silver

I wonder what the basis of this update is as I don‘t recall anyone saying they wanted this as you claim in the announcement?
This in spades. Finding it really hard to follow FT now.

Also, when I go to view last unread message, if I dare to have the temerity to scroll a centimetre up (e.g. to remind myself of the previous post), it jumps way back halfway up the thread. Very annoying.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Scots_Al

This in spades. Finding it really hard to follow FT now.

Also, when I go to view last unread message, if I dare to have the temerity to scroll a centimetre up (e.g. to remind myself of the previous post), it jumps way back halfway up the thread. Very annoying.
Its jumping to top of the previous page. I agree annoying. If I wanted to go all the way back to top of previous page I'd click the previous page button. (Well assuming I can see it with the new color scheme)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.