Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile skin updates July-August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by Scots_Al

This in spades. Finding it really hard to follow FT now.

Also, when I go to view last unread message, if I dare to have the temerity to scroll a centimetre up (e.g. to remind myself of the previous post), it jumps way back halfway up the thread. Very annoying.
I’ve been reporting this uncommanded scrolling issue for months now and nothing has been done about it. I thought initially it might have been something to do with the slowness of my iPhone 6 but even on my new iPhone 8 it is happening. I wish IB would fix actual issues before playing around again with aesthetics.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:10 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Scots_Al

This in spades. Finding it really hard to follow FT now.

Also, when I go to view last unread message, if I dare to have the temerity to scroll a centimetre up (e.g. to remind myself of the previous post), it jumps way back halfway up the thread. Very annoying.
This should no longer be the case. Threads with unread posts are now bold, while completely read threads are not.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:36 pm
Administrator

Everything that we have tested with mobile scrolling suggests that "jumping" and the like are on the user end. We have tried our network, different networks, turning off networks and using data, and have never been able to reproduce problems.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Everything that we have tested with mobile scrolling suggests that "jumping" and the like are on the user end. We have tried our network, different networks, turning off networks and using data, and have never been able to reproduce problems.
I assure you it’s still happening, and it’s massively annoying.

If your finger is on the screen scrolling and reading, past a certain threshold the site thinks I want to jump back a page, and rather then just load the data, it completely jumps and replaces what I was viewing to show the newly loaded data.
OttawaMark likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:10 am

I just put my finger in the very middle of this (your) post and moved my the single finger that was touching my phone's screen up a mm or two to scroll down in the thread and, lo and behold, the page scrolled up several posts. How can this be user error or anything else to do with the user? Again, iPhone 8 with the latest iOS and happens on Chrome with no ad block and Safari with ad block.

I think this issue would disappear if you (IB, not you personally) let us turn off infinite scroll on mobile.
JDiver and IBJoel like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:43 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by OttawaMark
let us turn off infinite scroll on mobile.
This, I can ask for. Also, thanks for not singling me out.
OttawaMark likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:51 pm

This, I can ask for. Also, thanks for not singling me out.

No problem, I understand you don't make policy.

Two, things, though:

1. Have you had the chance to ask for this?

2. If it's of any help, I've been browsing the forums over the last few days with both my iPhone 8 and my old Galaxy S6. The uncommanded scrolling is still happening with the iPhone 8 but with the Galaxy S6 using both Chrome and Opera there has been no uncommanded scrolling.

Cheers
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:59 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Two, things, though:

2. If it's of any help, I've been browsing the forums over the last few days with both my iPhone 8 and my old Galaxy S6. The uncommanded scrolling is still happening with the iPhone 8 but with the Galaxy S6 using both Chrome and Opera there has been no uncommanded scrolling.

Cheers
I have the issue with uncommanded scrolling also in iPhone 8Plus / safari.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:40 am
Administrator

Two, things, though:

Cheers
Originally Posted by florens
I have the issue with uncommanded scrolling also in iPhone 8Plus / safari.
I did ask for it and it has to go through the core VB team, which could take weeks/months.

For scrolling, that's good to know! I will test out more on iOS devices (I generally only have Android handy)
OttawaMark likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:25 pm

Missing Forum Tools

Mobile skin is missing options like “mark forum read” as well as other tools like subscribe to post.

Is there a plan to add these soon, were they overlooked, or should I stick to the desktop version (which other than overly large text is just fine on mobile safari)?

Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:44 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Mobile skin is missing options like “mark forum read” as well as other tools like subscribe to post.

Is there a plan to add these soon, were they overlooked, or should I stick to the desktop version (which other than overly large text is just fine on mobile safari)?

To subscribe to a thread, go into the thread and click the yellow star.

To subscribe to a forum, same.

The mobile skin can't perform all desktop functions due to the limits of screen size. There's no plan to begin trying to squeeze in all the other functions at this time.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If you would like see what problems people face on their mobile phone (to test whether it's user error or system error and help to reproduce things locally to fix) you might want to look at Splashtop.com/SOS. It enables developers/testers to see what's happening on someone's mobile phone as they are using it. We use it when we want to check what some of our app users are doing to cock things up so badly It works across iOS and Android.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:58 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by golfmad
If you would like see what problems people face on their mobile phone (to test whether it's user error or system error and help to reproduce things locally to fix) you might want to look at Splashtop.com/SOS. It enables developers/testers to see what's happening on someone's mobile phone as they are using it. We use it when we want to check what some of our app users are doing to cock things up so badly It works across iOS and Android.
Thanks. I'll talk to our tech guys about it!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:25 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What page should one bookmark for mobile?

I used https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php on my laptop but on my iPhone X in Safari it only shows subscribed forums and no new threads.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:13 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by m0hamed
What page should one bookmark for mobile?

I used https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php on my laptop but on my iPhone X in Safari it only shows subscribed forums and no new threads.
The mobile skin has slightly less functionality than desktop for UserCP, but clicking on one of the subscribed forums names will take you to said forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.