FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Won't stay logged on (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1904472-wont-stay-logged.html)

canyonleo Apr 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Won't stay logged on

Hi, I didn't see this topic on the front page, sorry if my question is answered somewhere that I didn't find...

I use FF when using FT. Now it won't stay logged on (in fact, it often takes 3-4 attempts of logging in to even get logged on).

When I keep FF open, revisits to FT have me logged off (that never happened months ago before the site update). Also, I often open multiple FT tabs (I go through my post alert emails opening each in a new tab before reading any of them) but even when I first log on and then open the subsequent tabs, each subsequent tab requires a new log on (before the site update, opening new tabs once logged on first would have me logged on in the new tab, but not now).

Anyone know the fix for this? I tried flushing all my FT cookies, then rebooting FF, but that didn't solve it.

Even just hitting "prev" page logs me out.

Thx!

IBobi Apr 17, 2018 12:25 pm

1. Be sure you click REMEMBER ME when logging in
2. Be sure your browser is accepting cookies and not deleting them

canyonleo Apr 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29652120)
1. Be sure you click REMEMBER ME when logging in
2. Be sure your browser is accepting cookies and not deleting them

Thanks, but there's no Remember Me in either log on paths (upper right, or just clicking reply then log on in the subsequent page).

Also, I have FT cookies allowed, never deleting them... unless it's a different cookie I should allow (a different domain or something)?

IBobi Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Login is cookie based. Your browser must be deleting it somehow.

canyonleo Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29652145)
Login is cookie based. Your browser must be deleting it somehow.

That is certainly logical. If we take it for truth, can you help direct me to the potential fix given that:

It's only been happening with the new site,
And I've changed nothing (laptop, browser app, browser settings, cookie settings, etc.) since acquiring the laptop 18 months ago, and
I don't even see "Remember Me" click box in log on function?

Did something change in cookie use from site change? (to help direct me to specific fix in cookie settings, if that's it)

Thx!!

canyonleo Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Here's an interesting update.

In FF, I have the setting on Accept No Cookies. I think have a few dozen sites where I've made exceptions (is this called White List?) and those cookies are accepted (from those sites, not third parties - issue?).

I see FT was deleted from the list. So, I go and add FT to my allow exceptions. I think use the FT site and the fix doesn't work, so I go back to check cookie exceptions list and I see FT is no longer listed. No matter how many times I add FT to my exception allow cookies list, it won't stick and FT is not listed when I subsequently check the list.

Anyone know what FF is doing here? Thx!

IBobi Apr 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Nope. But that's your culprit.