Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Links in E-Mail Don't Work in Firefox

Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

I use Firefox (52.5.2, 64-bit) as my default web browser. When I clicked on a couple of links to forum discussions in today's dose of Flyer Talk e-mail, they opened with the Flyer Talk header and drop-down menus (News, Forum, My Flyertalk, etc.) but article linked in the e-mail didn't open. The screen was blank below the header menu bar. Links from the header work fine.

I keep a copy of Chrome handy for occurrences like this and the links from the e-mail opened as they should.

What I discovered was that the problem was caused by having Ad Blocker Plus enabled in Firefox. When I disabled it for the Flyer Talk web site, the links worked properly. I know you guys gotta make money, and I didn't start using an ad blocker until ads got too fierce and slowed down loading the content that I wanted to read. Just opening this link:

http://click.travel.ibemail.com/?qs=...aa74e3f86cda94

opens at least 8 ads.

I really like Firefox and really don't want to switch to Chrome, but Chrome seems to still be working normally here with only whatever attempt it makes to block ads. I don't expect you to fix anything, I just felt like grumbling about the annoyance.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:24 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Hi Mike,

I tested while logged out on FF, but I didn't encounter any problems. Were these regular ads or redirects?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi Mike,

I tested while logged out on FF, but I didn't encounter any problems. Were these regular ads or redirects?
I have no idea. But I see in today's TalkMail e-mail that it's been re-designed for better compatibility, and all of the links that I clicked on there worked, so maybe my problem has been solved - or maybe not.

Nothing personal here, but I recognize that the typical reply to a query like mine is, or begins with something like: "I have never had that problem."
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:26 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Mike Rivers
I have no idea. But I see in today's TalkMail e-mail that it's been re-designed for better compatibility, and all of the links that I clicked on there worked, so maybe my problem has been solved - or maybe not.

Nothing personal here, but I recognize that the typical reply to a query like mine is, or begins with something like: "I have never had that problem."
Nothing personal taken. I make sure I test before saying it isn't happening on my end, generally on multiple browsers. Hopefully this was just a momentary hiccup and the new format is more friendly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.