Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:00 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
How about just disabling signatures altogether, they're not useful and just clutter up the page.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by pvn
How about just disabling signatures altogether, they're not useful and just clutter up the page.
You can do that yourself. Go to Edit Options. In the "Thread Display Options" section, uncheck the box for "Show Signatures". Then go to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes". Then you will never need to see another signature again.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:02 am
pvn
Suspended

Yes, I can do it myself, but that option sometimes mysteriously unchecks itself (has happened on other forums as well). And again, since they're universally of negative value, why subject users to them?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by pvn
Yes, I can do it myself, but that option sometimes mysteriously unchecks itself (has happened on other forums as well). And again, since they're universally of negative value, why subject users to them?
Hmm...if they're "universally" of negative value, I wonder why so many people have them and so many others find value in the information contained in them...
Xyzzy and StayingHomeIsBetter like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:13 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by WIRunner
How about them font sizes?
I push tech everyday on this. From what I understand, basically the text sizes are tied to something else (I don't have the grasp of coding to know what), so they're having to be delicate.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:21 am

@IBJoel - if you send out an e-mail from your personal mailbox, would that use the same mail server as the FT notification emails? If so, could we do a test that way and see if your e-mail to my mailbox arrives?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:33 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by flashware
@IBJoel - if you send out an e-mail from your personal mailbox, would that use the same mail server as the FT notification emails? If so, could we do a test that way and see if your e-mail to my mailbox arrives?
Hm... Maybe. I'll PM you.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by pvn
And again, since they're universally of negative value, why subject users to them?
They are not "universally of negative value". If I may be permitted to refer to my own signature as a readily-accessible example, there's a reason why those two links are in there.

If you disagree and you're irritated by them, then switch them off. Don't impose your personal views on the entire community; you do not speak for every FTer.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hm... Maybe. I'll PM you.
Received loud and clear. Very odd... wonder why notifications aren't coming through!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by WIRunner
How about them font sizes?
I suggest tampermonkey. don't rely on IB.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Globaliser
They are not "universally of negative value". If I may be permitted to refer to my own signature as a readily-accessible example, there's a reason why those two links are in there.

If you disagree and you're irritated by them, then switch them off. Don't impose your personal views on the entire community; you do not speak for every FTer.
"Something is not useful unless it is useful to me" is the corollary to the more commonly encountered FT attitude of "Something is not a problem unless it is my problem."
Globaliser, wrp96 and IBJoel like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
There seems to be a difference in the way that thread lists appear depending on whether they are a query result or a forum listing.
@IBobi, This is still making the PC version hard to use for me .
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I push tech everyday on this ... they're having to be delicate.
Given the gentle way the changes were filtered in I'm sure the irony of that last part isn't lost on you .
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by RumPatrol
FT is a different animal. An awful lot of the regular members of this site are accessing the site via mobile and in transit on airplanes. Having a site with a blinding color palette that is barely functional on mobile devices is not exactly catering to your target audience.
I forget whether others have pointed it out before, but having huge tracts of bright whitespace also uses more power & thus reduces the usage time for a single battery charge. Right?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:40 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by jackal
Hmm...if they're "universally" of negative value, I wonder why so many people have them and so many others find value in the information contained in them...
People have them because they have an overly inflated sense of self-importance.

People may on occasion find something useful in one but on net they are spammy and the negatives far outweigh the positives. THere's nothing in anyone's signature that can't be found in a better spot. Like, when I need to find a BA 744 retirements tracker, I'm not going to start digging around in random posters' signatures until I luck upon it.

additionally, it seems a big push in this redesign is to make things more legible and easier to read. Signatures are 100% counter to that goal. they junk up the screen and add clutter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.