Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Not an improvement. Go back to old style. It's better.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Honestly, the new style is growing on me. But I still struggle with replying to messages on an iPad as the line of text I'm typing disappears.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Honestly, the new style is growing on me. But I still struggle with replying to messages on an iPad as the line of text I'm typing disappears.
This has been my problem on the mobile site.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm still not seeing wikis in mobile.
Have wikis ever shown on mobile? Think I remember having to switch to desktop for that...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Infinite scrll was in place before the current changes. I'm not entirely pleased with it, but at least one can turn it off.
Can you tell us how? I can't find it to save my life.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:37 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by ijgordon
No way to return to the Amex forum.
From the looks of it (you still have old buttons in posts), you'll need to clear data for FlyerTalk and that should resolve it. On iPad, go to the Setting App>Advanced, then you can clear FT's data.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:42 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm still not seeing wikis in mobile.
Will push tech team on this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:44 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
The page a user is on and other page numbers on a forum page are almost non-discernibly from each other to my old eyes. A halo, box or font color change for the current page would be a great improvement. I realize this was mentioned up thread but should be a minor change that would only take minutes.

My 2 cents on this whole "upgrade" is what the heck was IB/FT thinking. Don't know how it could have been made any worse without a lot of planning.
I've asked for a fix to this, thank you.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I've asked for a fix to this, thank you.
Any word on fixing font size in the "My FlyerTalk" section? (And in the reply to thread box) a bump in size by a point or two would be quite helpful.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by javabytes
Have wikis ever shown on mobile? Think I remember having to switch to desktop for that...
they were working in mobile for quite a while until the recent update*; the only quirk being that infinite scroll made it nigh impossible to get to the top of the screen to see the wiki without also triggering a page load, so it was generally necessary to use << to go to the first page of a thread in order to view a wiki.

*although now that you mention it, I vaguely recall that this was not always the case.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:11 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Any word on fixing font size in the "My FlyerTalk" section? (And in the reply to thread box) a bump in size by a point or two would be quite helpful.
I'll ping them about it.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The jump to first unread post function still isn't working for me. When I click the new little icon on the forum page listing of threads, it sends me to a random post in the thread, this morning to a post that I had written so obviously I had already seen the post. Other times I'm sent to the top of the thread, but the further option to click to go to the first unread post at the top of the forum (in the blue bar, on the left) is blank as if I've already seen all of the posts in the forum. This is happening today on my desktop (new windows machine using chrome) and ipad (pro using safari and NOT the mobile version of the FT site).
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Would Opt-in the FT old style even be an option? Maybe soon, please?

Originally Posted by milepig
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Infinite scrll was in place before the current changes. I'm not entirely pleased with it, but at least one can turn it off.
Can you tell us how? I can't find it to save my life.
Just visit the other master thread on this topic (see the wikipost):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...bling-etc.html
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:26 pm

Any further thoughts on notifications not being received? Is there any form of mail test we can do to rule that out? I'm not seeing the e-mails even hit my hosted anti-spam solution...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
So this one, I actually know. "Airlines and Mileage Programs" (and the like are technically categories, so they behave in a different way from regular forums. But that explanation aside, you're right and I'll have tech bump up the size font.
Hi - just wanted to bump this back up. The sizes are still really small and actually hard to click on because they are so small.
84fiero likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.