Reload this Page >

Very slow loading of pages on flyertalk.com and forums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very slow loading of pages on flyertalk.com and forums

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Is everyone seeing the same "Adnxs" that's trying to load?
No idea what it was, but it was horrible. Finally just closed out the site.

Don't know if it's fully fixed, but just now, I was able to open this right away, and that was "different" from before, definitely.

GC
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by IBobi
From what I can tell, it's been more like 18 hours. We are working on it!
In fact I alerted you to the problem on Safari for Mac OS over on February 7 in the desktop issues thread. It’s the exact same problem.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
The endless game of FT whackanadmole continues! I thought 2018 was going to bring a solution?
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I alerted you to the problem on Safari for Mac OS over on February 7...
It's definitely been an issue since the weekend, so, about 48 hours for me at a minimum.

Originally Posted by zitsky
I really think you need to do a better job of screening ads in the first place!
Agree -- I am also getting occasional weird short bursts of autoplay audio, like something is trying to launch and being stopped, when on a page for longer than 60 seconds or so.
Boggie Dog likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:12 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We did not experience the issue until yesterday, nor did the vast majority of those reporting it; perhaps there was a Safari-limited or otherwise edge case prior to that.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:18 pm

Thank you! I sent an email and Joel sent me an email that they were working on it, came back after lunch and Voila! I am back to one of my favorite forums. Thanks for the fix, Worth every penny I pay for this wonderful forum, (tongue in cheek).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Caused me to install an ad blocker so I could read the site. Someone tell advertisers that is counter productive to their goals.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Derrico
Caused me to install an ad blocker so I could read the site. Someone tell advertisers that is counter productive to their goals.
Same here. You are right!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Pls suggest an Adblocker for FF & Chrome. TIA
This took almost 4 minutes to type!
Horrible!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Wasn't working for me yesterday, working fine now. I don't think its an issue with ads per se, just a buggy ad script (which could happen to anyone!)
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
It's working for me now. I posted a separate post to show that it wasn't working b/c of specific ad posts. Thank you.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
No changes to my system and today I get most of a pop up video add before it locks up.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BearX220
Agree -- I am also getting occasional weird short bursts of autoplay audio, like something is trying to launch and being stopped, when on a page for longer than 60 seconds or so.
I've been getting this as well on desktop Chrome. It's only occasional, but been happening for months.

My laptop is usually muted so it hasn't bothered me, but I notice that little speaker in the Chrome tab for FT at least 1x/week.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:35 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Hi all,

There is more than one issue happening here. The main one, which caused browser crashes and very slow loads, is new, having started Sunday or Monday and should be resolved now. Nobody should be seeing very slow page loads or anything like a browser crash. If you are, please clear your browser cache and try again. If you started seeing this behavior over the last few days and you're still seeing it after you clear cache, please let me know, as we believe it is now resolved.

Other issues, which may have been happening for more than a few days, are unrelated to this. We're doing our best to address those too. If there is a particular ad that seems to be causing issues (autoplaying with audio, slowing your page performance, etc) let us know and please post a screen shot of it!

Thank you,

Paul
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I find it instructive that the IB tech team quibles over how long the issue is present and directly contradict customers of FT. This is 101 "What not to do in a support service job".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.