Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Report Disruptive 2018 Ads on Mobile Device & Screen Shots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the 2019 thread can be found here.

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Please see post #132 for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29310693-post132.html

We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Welcome to the rebooted disruptive advertisement report thread, for mobile devices.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 1, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:31 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I just had my mobile browser hijacked four times -- twice while in Omni and twice in the Support forum. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 with Chrome. Twice before it happened I spotted an ad with a green background and 8-ball (pool/billiards ball). However, there were two different hijackings -- I think the 8-ball ad was connected to a fake Amazon hijack.
The ad above is the one I saw a couple times before the fake Amazon hijacking in both Omni and Tech Support.

This was in the tech support forum and was a pop-up that appeared over the fake Amazon page.

This was in the tech support forum.

This was from an Omni hijacking.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I just had my mobile browser hijacked four times -- twice while in Omni and twice in the Support forum. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 with Chrome. Twice before it happened I spotted an ad with a green background and 8-ball (pool/billiards ball). However, there were two different hijackings -- I think the 8-ball ad was connected to a fake Amazon hijack.
The ad above is the one I saw a couple times before the fake Amazon hijacking in both Omni and Tech Support.

This was in the tech support forum and was a pop-up that appeared over the fake Amazon page.

This was in the tech support forum.

Ive been getting these same ads constantly for the past few days.
Makes it impossible to use FT mobile.
cawhite, Adam1222 and chavala like this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
On on my I phone for months adds keep blocking my screen and can't read posts. What is going on.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
popups on mobile browser

when I browse FT forums on android chrome, I have started getting annoying pop ups about winning something on amazon. How to fix??
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A problem that has been noted before
Look here (where your thread will be moved)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...-feedback-386/
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...g-reports.html
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor

Also suffered with this one, though intermittently, on Omni. Can't back out of it, have to close the browser and reopen FT to continue.
Maybe it's punishment for going to bad Omni
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by rickg523
Also suffered with this one, though intermittently, on Omni. Can't back out of it, have to close the browser and reopen FT to continue.
Maybe it's punishment for going to bad Omni
I've gotten in on this board and on the United board. Definitely working to lower my mobile FT usage.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Got redirected to this when posting to the HHonors forum:

http://satisfaction-survey.today/Sur...5k1RUaYFzBCyvS
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Got a page hijack on the BA forum this morning, using Chrome 63.0.3239.111 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2

I do not use the Mobile site - this was on the full version of the site,
but on a tablet.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:00 pm

Getting these browser hijacks/redirects when viewing https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php
Android 8.1 - Chrome 63.0.3239.111 - Google Pixel - USA

chavala likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:59 am
k2

So far the Chrome setting recommended by IBobi has worked for me. This specified thread was the worst I had experienced, hijacked every time I opened it. I applied the setting and so far not a single hijack. Latest Chrome on a pixel 2.

Here's a link to the fix

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29220206-post1.html
IBobi likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get the same Amazon one as others and also the same virus one as others. I am using Samsung note 3 and chrome. Sometimes for the "virus" one to go away I need to completely shut off my phone. Very inconvenient and it happens regularly.
cawhite likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:22 pm

App store redirect from the home page on an iPhone 6s with 11.1.2(15B202) using Safari. Happening so frequently, I was able to use my phone's record screen feature to show it in action.

ceej123 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Problems With Flyertalk On My Pixel

Hi all,

MODS please move to another area if this question is not appropriate.

I am having issues viewing FlyerTalk on my pixel and wondering if anyone else is having the same issues? Every time I go into a specific thread I get an Amazon.com advert which takes over the screen and I am unable to remove it. This does not happen on any other site. It is getting to the stage where I am literarily unable to use FT at all. This only happens with FT and no other website.

I have removed the Chrome app and reinstalled it, but this has not helped.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
chavala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.