Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2018 DESKTOP BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk on your DESKTOP device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

Some ways to reverse new features

1) Disabling infinite scroll: (see Post #2 for detail)
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
  • Edit options
  • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options: (see Post #3 for detail
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
  • Settings and Options
  • Miscellaneous Options
  • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by IBobi
It's as close to an official stand as you'll find -- my techs recommend chrome, mozilla, or safari.
I can only say that I am extremely disappointed.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
What's the flyertalk support take on cloudfront malware these days? Feels like a lot these days on my iPhone.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:46 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by vanillabean
What's the flyertalk support take on cloudfront malware these days? Feels like a lot these days on my iPhone.
Not sure what cloudfront malware is, but we, along with many other sites with mobile interfaces, are suffering a bout of redirects that our 3rd party anti-hijack provider is not able to stem. Hopefully sooner than later, someone will figure out how to end it. Until then... we are all in this boat together unfortunately.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I can only say that I am extremely disappointed.
Why? Microsoft itself has basically admitted Edge's rendering engine is a failure and is switching Edge's rendering engine to one based on Chromium (the same engine used by Chrome).

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...collaboration/

On the bright side, once M$ makes the switch to Chromium, all of these problems will go away.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jackal
Why? Microsoft itself has basically admitted Edge's rendering engine is a failure and is switching Edge's rendering engine to one based on Chromium (the same engine used by Chrome).

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...collaboration/

On the bright side, once M$ makes the switch to Chromium, all of these problems will go away.
Yes, I read the news and hopefully that will happen soon.

NOTE: Please see the 2018 DESKTOP BUG REPORTS thread here.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 22, 2019 at 11:27 am Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.