Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk Mobile on your MOBILE device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by IBobi
We highly recommend using the mobile skin on mobile devices.
Do you mean m.flyertalk.com? That doesn’t load due to certificate errors.

Last edited by djmp; Apr 10, 2018 at 7:27 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:58 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by djmp

Do you mean m.flyertalk.com? That doesn’t load due to certificate errors.
Nope. m.flyertalk.com has been dead for a long time. The mobile skin automatically starts up when you go to FT on a mobile device (if it doesn't, scroll to the bottom and click the green button).
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:52 pm

Not seeing a green button. There is a mobile skin selection which after a painful infinite scroll is hiding at the bottom of the screen. But that style doesn’t persist when changing forums, giving this.
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:11 pm

Not seeing a green button. There is a mobile skin selection which after a painful infinite scroll is hiding at the bottom of the screen. But that style doesn’t persist when changing forums, giving this.
Green button to toggle mobile/desktop is on the very bottom of the screen. If you're running a blocker, it may be blocking the button.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:57 pm

Green button to toggle mobile/desktop is on the very bottom of the screen. If you're running a blocker, it may be blocking the button.
Not running any blockers. Could you post a screenshot?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:14 pm

Here’s what I see.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:26 pm

Not running any blockers. Could you post a screenshot?
Sorry -- if you are already using the desktop skin on mobile, the green button is on the bottom.

If you are on mobile skin and want to see desktop, it's in the "hamburger" menu at top left.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:03 pm

Sorry -- if you are already using the desktop skin on mobile, the green button is on the bottom.

If you are on mobile skin and want to see desktop, it's in the "hamburger" menu at top left.
The screen shot I posted above is your current default view on an iPad - it appears to be the desktop default (no hamburger). IMO it's unusable since the change. Again, not seeing any green button to change the skin. Could you post a shot please? (I do know about the hamburger menu on small screen devices like phones - that's not in play here). I'm assuming the green button is not the"Get Senior Coupons" one .
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:07 pm

The screen shot I posted above is your current default view on an iPad - it appears to be the desktop default (no hamburger). IMO it's unusable since the change. Again, not seeing any green button to change the skin. Could you post a shot please? (I do know about the hamburger menu on small screen devices like phones - that's not in play here). I'm assuming the green button is not the "Get Senior Coupons" one .
You have to scroll all the way to the top to see the menu.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:04 am

I’m using an iPad which apparently is picking up the new desktop skin and it’s a bad experience. It used to be fine. You’ve been saying using the green button at the *bottom* to change skin. There isn’t one.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:48 am

I’m using an iPad which apparently is picking up the new desktop skin and it’s a bad experience. It used to be fine. You’ve been saying using the green button at the *bottom* to change skin. There isn’t one.
I'll look into this. On iPhone it is definitely there. Can you look in the hamburger menu at top left and see if it is there?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:21 pm

Thanks for looking into this. No hamburger menu on the iPad, just the iPhone.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Is there a solution to these problems with the ads on the right? It’s even worse when you need to increase the size of the screen because the ads increase in size as well and cover up 1/2 of the text.

Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Is there a solution to these problems with the ads on the right? It’s even worse when you need to increase the size of the screen because the ads increase in size as well and cover up 1/2 of the text.

You can squint at the small text, or use the mobile skin
Old May 15, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: UA GS
When trying to reply to a post on mobile (UA forum, iPhone 7 safari). the text editor always obscures the text that i'm typing. It's annoying because I can't see what I'm typing. Doesn't always happen, but quite often.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.