Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk Mobile on your MOBILE device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
new iPhone XR, iOS 12.1

when you want to extract a portion of a long post when quoting, it’s impossible to select more than one word to highlight (color, bold, etc) or delete ... as soon as you try to extend the selection, it automatically selects from the cursor to (near) the end of the original quote ... and more often than not the selection disappears entirely

actually, as I just discovered in revising the above problem description, this isn’t limited to quotes

moreover, autocorrect only shows the suggested option for half a second or so and then disappears
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:33 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by jrl767
new iPhone XR, iOS 12.1

when you want to extract a portion of a long post when quoting, it’s impossible to select more than one word to highlight (color, bold, etc) or delete ... as soon as you try to extend the selection, it automatically selects from the cursor to (near) the end of the original quote ... and more often than not the selection disappears entirely

actually, as I just discovered in revising the above problem description, this isn’t limited to quotes

moreover, autocorrect only shows the suggested option for half a second or so and then disappears
So this is while you're in the text editor on Safari? Would it be possible for you to try with Chrome or Another mobile browser? It could potentially be a quirk of the new hard/software. We'll test, too.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:08 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Last week, suddenly the format of FlyerTalk on Chrome on my iPad reverted to some weird mobile format that was always irritating to use on my mobile phone Chrome browser. But my Safari browser on iPad still uses the same non-mobile format it’s always been. What happened? Can we get this switched back? The Chrome format is clumsy and really annoying now.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:24 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Last week, suddenly the format of FlyerTalk on Chrome on my iPad reverted to some weird mobile format that was always irritating to use on my mobile phone Chrome browser. But my Safari browser on iPad still uses the same non-mobile format it’s always been. What happened? Can we get this switched back? The Chrome format is clumsy and really annoying now.
Open the hamburger menu and scroll to the bottom. Click "Desktop View/Version"
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:49 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Open the hamburger menu and scroll to the bottom. Click "Desktop View/Version"
Funny, that didn’t work over the weekend...but it worked today. Much thanks!

Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 22, 2019 at 11:07 am Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.