Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk Mobile on your MOBILE device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:38 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
The Like button doesn't seem to work using the Google Internet app (Chrome).
And going off your other post, you're on Android, right? I'll test this out.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

Correct. The Internet app seems to open FlyerTalk and some other websites as a shell within a shell.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
IBJoel​IBJoel, any update on the editor quirks reported in posts 130/132?

BTW the above sentence illustrates a related bug. I started it off by tapping the B for boldface, typing out IBJoel exactly once, then the B again to turn off boldface, and then a space. As soon as I tapped the spacebar, the editor added the second non-bolded copy of your handle all by itself.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:49 am

Zorak testing. Looks OK. Were you using mobile skin? I do know there's a text editor update coming. I will try to get an ETA.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:51 am

Testing desktop skin
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ibjoeltest
Zorak testing. Looks OK. Were you using mobile skin? I do know there's a text editor update coming. I will try to get an ETA.
Android, yes. Opera browser and Gboard input. Will stay tuned for the editor update and see what happens...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:29 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zorak
Android, yes. Opera browser and Gboard input. Will stay tuned for the editor update and see what happens...
Opera could potentially be the issue. Opera users represent a tiny fraction of users, thus it gets less dev attention. I will bring this up with the team working on the new editor.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Bugs not fixed after many months. Isn’t someone getting embarrassed by this fiasco?

And BTW, the mobile skin sucks.
The jumping pages bug is still not fixed!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:34 am
Administrator

The jumping pages bug is still not fixed!
What device are you using? What browser? Are you on the mobile skin or the desktop skin? Do you have Infinite Scroll enabled?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by IBJoel
What device are you using? What browser? Are you on the mobile skin or the desktop skin? Do you have Infinite Scroll enabled?
  1. iPad, iPhone and desktop.
  2. Safari, Edge.
  3. Desktop (the mobile skin is NFG).
  4. Yes, but I'm talking about when I'm not logged in.
  5. I tried to reply to this on my iPad but it was unusable. I couldn't see what was being typed.
  6. Why does my scroll wheel keep getting deactivated on this site (and only on this site)?
  7. Why can't you just put it back the way it was a year ago before it all got screwed up?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:53 am
Administrator

1. iPad, iPhone and desktop.
  2. Safari, Edge.
  3. Desktop (the mobile skin is NFG).
  4. Yes, but I'm talking about when I'm not logged in.
  5. I tried to reply to this on my iPad but it was unusable. I couldn't see what was being typed.
  6. Why does my scroll wheel keep getting deactivated on this site (and only on this site)?
  7. Why can't you just put it back the way it was a year ago before it all got screwed up?
The Desktop skin is not optimized for mobile devices, and combined with Infinite Scroll, that's not surprising that you're getting "twitches" on-screen.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why can't you just put it back the way it was a year ago before it all got screwed up?
A very common question that does not get answered.
But the obvious best way to fix the never ending problems.

I have not been able to access FT on a Samsung phone for a looooooong time. No problems with any other web site.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:38 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
A very common question that does not get answered.
But the obvious best way to fix the never ending problems.

I have not been able to access FT on a Samsung phone for a looooooong time. No problems with any other web site.
Quite frankly, with GDPR, there HAD to be a change. What exact problems are you having on your Samsung? What browser are you using?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
For threads that have a wiki, the last post button doesn’t take you to the last unread post, and instead just puts you on the top of the last page where the wiki is. iOS 12 and this has been happening for a while now.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:27 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
For threads that have a wiki, the last post button doesn’t take you to the last unread post, and instead just puts you on the top of the last page where the wiki is. iOS 12 and this has been happening for a while now.
A while, as in, before iOS 12 dropped?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.