Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk Mobile on your MOBILE device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Old May 16, 2018, 1:56 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by villox
When trying to reply to a post on mobile (UA forum, iPhone 7 safari). the text editor always obscures the text that i'm typing. It's annoying because I can't see what I'm typing. Doesn't always happen, but quite often.
This is a known bug. We are waiting on a longterm fix, thank you for your patience.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
When trying to reply to a post on mobile (UA forum, iPhone 7 safari). the text editor always obscures the text that i'm typing. It's annoying because I can't see what I'm typing. Doesn't always happen, but quite often.

This bug on iOS devices (same on iPad) has already been reported a hundred times for many months...
florens likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Bugs not fixed after many months. Isn’t someone getting embarrassed by this fiasco?

And BTW, the mobile skin sucks.
florens and thunderlounge like this.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:08 pm

The "hidden cursor" issue has indeed been reported long ago. We are still waiting for a core software patch to address this (the software has not been patched since the issue was reported, so it's not as if they missed this issue).

Use the mobile skin and it's not an issue at all.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:35 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by IBobi
The "hidden cursor" issue has indeed been reported long ago. We are still waiting for a core software patch to address this (the software has not been patched since the issue was reported, so it's not as if they missed this issue).

Use the mobile skin and it's not an issue at all.
But I get this bug when I AM using the mobile skin. The screenshot above is also from the mobile skin.
florens likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by sxc
But I get this bug when I AM using the mobile skin. The screenshot above is also from the mobile skin.
Same here.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Originally Posted by florens

Same here.
Sorry about that, I was confused. We do not have a solution to this issue at this time.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by IBobi
Sorry about that, I was confused. We do not have a solution to this issue at this time.
It is unacceptable. This is a travel forum. People are on the go all the time. How can this not be fixed?!
Old May 30, 2018, 12:57 pm

It is being worked on and is an active tech ticket. We will update as soon as we hear anything. Thank you for your patience
Old May 31, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: UA GS
There seems to have been a recent update? I dare say I haven’t seen the hidden cursor issue in a few days. BUT, there is now an annoying change. Before, when I click on a thread, it used to jump to the first unread post. Now, I have to click on “view first unread”. Which means to get back to the forum it is now two clicks of the back button.

Anyone else notice this as a change?
Old May 31, 2018, 1:10 pm

There seems to have been a recent update? I dare say I haven’t seen the hidden cursor issue in a few days. BUT, there is now an annoying change. Before, when I click on a thread, it used to jump to the first unread post. Now, I have to click on “view first unread”. Which means to get back to the forum it is now two clicks of the back button.

cursor issue was addressed yesterday.
first unread issue has been ongoing for a few months; no eta yet.
sxc likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

On the mobile skin, click the chat bubble to the right of the thread title and you are taken to the first unread.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by sxc

On the mobile skin, click the chat bubble to the right of the thread title and you are taken to the first unread.
Thank you, now I know what that was for! Seems a design change then.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
All my ignored users are now showing their messages. Uggggg.

ipad, Safari, 11.3.1
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Figured it out

Whenever I post a new thread (iOS safari) all the letters I enter in CAPITALS are changed to lowercase when posted, exception the first letter in title. Very annoying.
Title should read: WY DXB/AUH -CGK USD.......

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out the shouting rule.

Last edited by Croupier; Jun 3, 2018 at 4:35 am Reason: Figured it out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.