Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: Please see the 2019 Mobile Devices BUG REPORTS thread here.
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS you are using in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting bugs related to the 15 November 2017 upgrade of FlyerTalk Mobile on your MOBILE device. (Please refrain from discussion or speculation about issues if they are not reports as specified here.)

Your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problems / bugs may require devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; customary holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2017 FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - BUG REPORTS.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Issues with FT -- 2018 MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
@IBobi I have tried using desktop mode on my iPhone 6 and I have no issues of uncommanded scrolling. I've tried with Safari and Chrome with ad blockers on and off. No issues at all. Switch to desktop mode and random uncommanded scrolling still occurs, sometimes jumping backwards by 10+ pages with Safari and Chrome, again with ad blockers on an off.
I'm confused -- the jumping on your phone happens on mobile skin or desktop skin?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by IBobi
I'm confused -- the jumping on your phone happens on mobile skin or desktop skin?
Mobile skin only. Sorry for the confusion. A few days ago you suggested trying the desktop skin to see if the problem went away and it did go away with the desktop skin.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:53 pm

Mobile skin only. Sorry for the confusion. A few days ago you suggested trying the desktop skin to see if the problem went away and it did go away with the desktop skin.
OK thank you. I have just gone into several threads, using mobile skin on my iphone, and am not experiencing the jumping. The only thing that is happening is the normal "infinite scroll" reloads when I reach the end of a page and it loads the next set of posts. This is all on an LTE connection.

Am I missing anything?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
OK thank you. I have just gone into several threads, using mobile skin on my iphone, and am not experiencing the jumping. The only thing that is happening is the normal "infinite scroll" reloads when I reach the end of a page and it loads the next set of posts. This is all on an LTE connection.

Am I missing anything?
I'm seeing the uncommanded scrolling in the backwards direction (me scrolling to earlier posts) on both LTE and gigabit internet. It is almost like I'm loading an earlier page of posts but sometimes the scrolling is 10+ pages backwards in a fraction of a second, not the single page as would be expected. It's odd and intermittent. It must be something to do with infinite scroll I think, and it would be nice to be able to disable IS on mobile.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:44 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
I'm seeing the uncommanded scrolling in the backwards direction (me scrolling to earlier posts) on both LTE and gigabit internet. It is almost like I'm loading an earlier page of posts but sometimes the scrolling is 10+ pages backwards in a fraction of a second, not the single page as would be expected. It's odd and intermittent. It must be something to do with infinite scroll I think, and it would be nice to be able to disable IS on mobile.
We had a meeting with our tech team yesterday and are working on getting this resolved.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
We had a meeting with our tech team yesterday and are working on getting this resolved.
Now it's my turn to be confused

What is hopefully going to be resolved - the uncommanded scrolling or the forced infinite scroll on mobile?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:43 am

For the past 2-3 weeks, I have been unable to get the mobile site to load on my iPad. I’m using an iPad Air (I forget which generation) with the latest iOS 11. I’ve tried deleting all my cookies and browser history, but all that does is make life annoying when I have to relog into all my other websites, but when I come back to flyertalk, I still get the desktop version.

Any tips?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:23 pm

Could barely get to this page to post. Amazon ad (congratulations, blah, blah) popped up constantly. URL was icardib.com.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
http://icardwarrantnyc.club/

this is hijacking constantly today
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:18 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
MSP, I've reported the ad you posted, but please post it in the designated ad thread, from now on.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
For the past 2-3 weeks, I have been unable to get the mobile site to load on my iPad. I’m using an iPad Air (I forget which generation) with the latest iOS 11. I’ve tried deleting all my cookies and browser history, but all that does is make life annoying when I have to relog into all my other websites, but when I come back to flyertalk, I still get the desktop version.

Any tips?
Do you have the option to go to the mobile site at the bottom of the page?

And did you by chance select "never go to mobile site" in your preferences?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver

I see this routinely too in Safari on my up-to-date iPhone. Typically, I load a thread that I’ve already read, linked from the My Subscriptions page. First, it jumps to the last unread post (which is really nice!). In a thread I was just reading, that was on page 10/11. I read for a few seconds (maybe starting to scroll down through posts; I’m not sure about the details because it happens so quickly), and then suddenly find myself on page 5.

Last edited by ashill; Mar 15, 2018 at 11:33 am Reason: fix typo (which I can do from desktop browser)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I tried to edit my post above, but as usual (see my bug reports above), I find that when I try to edit, the text goes away. So replace ‘s’ with ‘a’.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:47 am

@IBobi

Now it's my turn to be confused

What is hopefully going to be resolved - the uncommanded scrolling or the forced infinite scroll on mobile?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by ashill

I see this routinely too in Safari on my up-to-date iPhone. Typically, I load a thread that I’ve already read, linked from the My Subscriptions page. First, it jumps to the last unread post (which is really nice!). In s thread I was just reading, that was on page 10/11. I read for a few seconds (maybe starting to scroll down through posts; I’m not sure about the details because it happens so quickly), and then suddenly find myself on page 5.

Yep. This is exactly what I see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.